1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

antenna question

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by dfudd, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfudd

dfudd Cool Member

Dec 21, 2003
    help please !!!

i have a uhf silver sensor installed in attic of my home - i get great reception on several digital/hd channels from antenna farm located about 6-8 miles from here. there is another digital/hd channel, 5.1, located about 50 miles away in opposite direction which can not not pick up. i would like to install, also in attic, an second, inexpensive vhf antenna to receive that channel, one that i could point to that channel and not have to further adjust thereafter. any recommendations on what antenna to get? also, how would i join the two antennas together to feed into my receiver without having to switch back and forth. would there be any problems with having such a two antenna set-up?

any suggestions/advice appreciated.

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Use a passive 75 Ohm splitter in reverse -2 antennae in, 1 coax to TV out. As long as there are no conflicting frequencies from the two antennae, it should work just fine.

3. Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP Icon

Apr 22, 2002
    Actually, that has the potential to cause severe multi-path problems if the second antenna starts getting delayed reflections of stations the first antenna is picking up. Channel-Master makes little filters for receiving only specific frequencies from a second antenna to solve this problem. I think their product is called "Join-tenna" or something similar.

4. Michael P

Michael P Guest

After rereading your post, I take it the station 50 miles away is VHF. THe Silver Sensor is UHF, so combining a VHF - only antenna shoould be easy. Just use a VHF/UHF splitter/combiner (as opposed to a passive 75 ohm splitter in reverse).

The Jointenna is for situations where you have stations from several different stations in different directions on the same band. If you are in that situation - good luck finding a Jointenna, I hear that product has been discontinued :(

5. Mike500

Mike500 Hall Of Fame

May 10, 2002
    Jointenna was eliminated by Andrew, when they bought the Channel Master company after it went into bankrupcy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.