1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any hope of saving old EHD recorded programs?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by mikepd, Mar 27, 2012.

1. mikepd

mikepd Mentor

Dec 21, 2004
    Florida
    Hi,

My 722 died so I got a replacement DVR from Dish. If I try to watch any of the shows from the EHD I get a message saying that they were recorded using a different receiver and I will need to format the drive if I want to continue.

Is there any way of getting the new 722 to recognize these shows as I have a several drives worth recorded or are they all lost?

Thanks.

2. 722921

722921 Legend

Jan 3, 2008
    I thought that was one of the points of the EHD, to be able to play amongst vip receivers...

3. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    Your EHD should work with the new receiver with no re-formatting of the drives. I've only done one 622 swap and the EHDs worked on the replacement one just fine. I would start a tech chat with them or call tech support but don't take a quick "you'll have to reformat your HD" answer if that's what you get, keep at it until they find a fix for it. Perhaps re-sending the enable EHD "hit" to the 722 will resolve it, I'm assuming you've tried hard resets of the new 722 with no luck?

4. mikepd

mikepd Mentor

Dec 21, 2004
    Florida
    I have tried a hard reset but to no avail. I'll see what Dish has to say and see about giving the DVR a 'hit'.

Thanks.

5. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    I had to call to have the re-hit my receiver once for this reason. It worked fine and I didn't lose any EHD programs, so yours should be fine too. :D

6. MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 6, 2011
    A hit should fix the problem. Feel free to send me a PM if you still need a hit sent

7. mikepd

mikepd Mentor

Dec 21, 2004
    Florida
    Hi Matt,

PM sent.

Thanks.

8. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    The issue become widespread ... Perhaps Mods could include THE solution to FAQ.

9. mikepd

mikepd Mentor

Dec 21, 2004
    Florida
    A 'hit' did the job. Since we may upgrade to the Hopper/Joey setup, it's nice to know that I can still keep my stored shows even if I no longer need external drives due to the Hopper's 2TB drive.

Thanks for all the advice.