1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Any news when Value Electronics will start shipping??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Gary Toma, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2006
    Robert, from Value Electronics, last week talked about requesting DIRECTV to allow them to ship the HR20 before Wednesday, 9/13.

Is there any work on whether VE will be able to begin shipping earlier in the week?

It's significant because shipping that begins on Wednesday means that most of us will not have the HR20 for NFL Week 2.

2. sdlevi27

sdlevi27 Mentor

Sep 20, 2004
    Just spoke with someone there. He said most likely tomorrow or Wednesday.

3. stuart628

stuart628 Banned User

Jul 8, 2004
    tommorow would be great! :) I just ordered today, and have a 5lnb install for thurssday, and with valueelectronics it usually takes two days to get to my house with their Delievery, by the way, if there is anyone reading this thread that is on edge about ordering from Robert, do it, he is a class act!

4. DaxStern

DaxStern Mentor

Sep 5, 2006
    Actually, even if it isn't shipped until wednesday, there is a good chance a significant number of people will get them by friday. They are shipped from many different warehouses around the country, ups ground only will take 1 or 2 days to many of these places people ordered from.

The cities being shipped from are

Des Moines, IA * St Louis, MO * Denver, Co * Dallas, TX * Baton Rouge, LA * Indianapolis, IN * Pittsburgh, PA * Columbus,OH * Grand Rapids, MI * Evansville, IN * Knoxville, TN * Baltimore, MD * Orlando, FL * Manchester, NH * Syracuse, NY * Atlanta, GA * Los Angeles, CA * Tempe, AZ * Sacramento, CA * Seattle, WA * San Antonio, TX * Miami, FL * Raleigh, NC

5. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2006
    Just got an EMail response from Robert at Value Electronics a few minutes ago:

We are shipping all orders tomorrow (9/12), one day early.

That's great news!

6. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Thats great and seeing there is a shipping point in Columbus, I should have mine in Cleveland by Wednesday. Maybe I'll try and call D* and see if I can get an installer here sooner than the 19th to hook it up.

7. stuart628

stuart628 Banned User

Jul 8, 2004
    I didnt get an email :( I hope they still ship mine tommorow.

8. DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer Legend

Sep 27, 2003
    We are shipping all of our HR20-700 orders tomorrow from our 12 fulfillment warehouses across the US.

-Robert

9. sdlevi27

sdlevi27 Mentor

Sep 20, 2004
    Great news, Robert! Will we expect to receive an e-mail with a confirmation or tracking number once it's shipped?

10. DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer Legend

Sep 27, 2003
    Yes, but sometimes I don't get tracking #s from all of the warehouses till the day after the order ships, whch is typically when you receive the order.

-Robert

11. mknoebel

mknoebel AllStar

Mar 19, 2003
    If someone were to place an order tonight, would it still ship out in the morning??

12. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Beachaudio sent out an e-mail saying D* said there is a recall of HR20's and that no new boxes are to be shipped out. Robert, are you aware of anything like this???

13. mwhip

mwhip AllStar

Aug 17, 2006
    I bought one from BB today but since Robert is selling cheaper and my install date is not until the 23rd I ordered from him. I will just return the one I have to BB.

14. DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer Legend

Sep 27, 2003
    Yes sir!

-Robert

15. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    So yours are still shipping Robert?? No recalled units is that correct??

16. stuart628

stuart628 Banned User

Jul 8, 2004
    yeah Dan, we are good to go, I will let Robert make this 100% but, he has stated in other forums we are good! which means we should both be happy clevelanders!

17. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Makes me wonder what is up with Best Buy and that Audio joint then. Oh well Im a happy camper!!

18. mknoebel

mknoebel AllStar

Mar 19, 2003
    GREAT!!

19. korkle

korkle Mentor

Jun 16, 2006
    I have a HR10-250 that I got from Robert (one of the first ones shiped --oh the joys of following that tracking). Now, is the following plan a good one?:

1. Order the HR20 from Robert (I really like dealing with him)
    2. When it arrives, call DTV and get the best deal I can --- new dish and credits to ofset the costs, etc.
    3. Schedule the install of the dish.
    4. Meanwhile (here is the part I am not sure of) hook the HR20 up to my old dish and get it up an running. Then when the installer arrives all they need to do is change out the dish and align it (not having to mess with any of my equipment). Then rerun setup again to set the box for the new dish and mpeg4.

Will that work?

2nd question --- Robert, do you still have units to ship?

20. DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer Legend

Sep 27, 2003
    Yes we still have about 65 HR20-700s left from our first allocation. I purchased all of my distributors inventory.

-Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.