1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Any Philly area installs?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by wilbur_the_goose, May 23, 2010.

1. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    Has anybody in metro Philly (I'm in Chester Co) had an install done?

I'm scheduled for June 11, but i'm a little hesitant due to all the problems reported here. I'm looking for a one-stop, done right the first time install. In other words, I'd rather not be the beta for the install team ;)

Thanks!

2. mcnallc1

mcnallc1 Legend

Mar 11, 2009
    I am scheduled for June 5th (Montgomery Co) and I am hoping that they have all the bugs worked out by then.

On the phone I requested a SWM16 because I was adding an owned HR20-700 that would put me at 10 tuners but when I look at my order online it says SWM8 even though the CSR said she requested a SWM16.

After the install I will let you know how it went.

3. oldengineer

oldengineer Godfather

May 25, 2008
    I had a DECA install done last week by DirectSat out of Bethlehem. It was their first job and they sent a supervisor and 2 techs. They had been thru a training program and knew what they were doing.