1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Potential Issues with Moving Hopper 3?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by HaterSlayer, Dec 12, 2016.

1. HaterSlayer

HaterSlayer New Member

Mar 24, 2010
    I recently switched from DirecTV to Dish. Where the H3 is my WIFI signal is a bit weak. So I want to move it closer. I know with DTV in some cases the reciever powers the dish and only takes power from one spot. Is that the same with Dish or can I just swap boxes?

Sent from my LG K7 using Tapatalk

2. tylorert

tylorert Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Grayslake
    Take a pic of your Node

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Can you describe your system and how you have your cables run? It may be as simple as swapping a coax at the note while swapping your Hopper 3 for a Joey but without knowing the topology we can only guess.

The Hopper 3 would be the only satellite receiver in the system with Joeys being clients that use the tuners and storage on the Hopper 3. So yes, it can get complicated.

4. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    As long as the cable from the new position of the Hopper 3 is connected to the same port on the node as the cable from the old position, it should work.

5. HaterSlayer

HaterSlayer New Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Not sure on the terminology, but is the node the cable splitter that comes off the dish? This guy:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. HaterSlayer

HaterSlayer New Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Swapped the top left and bottom right coaxes around and boom everything works. That was easy. :p

7. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    The bent on that cable is terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HaterSlayer and Troch2002 like this.