1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any provisions for Florida Locals during Zimmerman trial???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Mickstix, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Mickstix

Mickstix Legend

Feb 13, 2008
    The local networks, here in Central Florida, are all showing wall to wall coverage of the "State (Trevon Martin) vs George Zimmerman" trial.. And each day they scroll all the options that area Cable providers are making so you have the option to watch the trial or the regular programs that are normally on, from 9am-5pm mon-fri.. Every Cable provider is offering alternate channels, OTA has an alternate channel, but nothing about DTV?? Has anyone heard anything from DTV on the subject?? I like a good trial as much as the next guy, but all day every day is a little much.. How bout giving us access to some other east coast "locals" during the trial DTV??

2. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    We had the same thing with the CT school shootings. Local broadcast overload of the single subject that goes on for days. Finding other local news is a near impossible task.

3. Joe166

Joe166 AllStar

Jan 5, 2007
    I was in Zimmerman overload from the preliminary hearing. Here in Miami it is almost as bad. Fortunately, the Heat parade kind of blew the trial off every channel for the day, but now it is back. Even some radio stations are streaming live video from there. I was an "analyst" on the OJ case for one of the national Spanish networks but I quit after three days. I just couldn't do it anymore.

4. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    To be exact, it is more likely that the stations are using their subchannels to show regular main channel programming and preempting the normal subchannel stuff. Cable systems usually carry local subchannels. DirecTV does not.

This always annoys me. Why don't they put the special crap (unless it is life threatening like a hurricane) on the sub channel and leave the main channel alone?

Cool. New tech!

5. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    HD?