1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any re-broadcasts from last night?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by wavemaster, Oct 30, 2012.

1. wavemaster

wavemaster Godfather

Sep 15, 2007
    Will directv be rebroadcasting any of the HD locals from last night? If so any idea what channel they would be one.

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I'm wondering if some shows were changed at the last minute. We don't record much on Mondays, but Mike and Molly was set as a new episode, but what actually aired was a rerun. According to a coworker, some others were the same way.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    CBS & CW are airing what was supposed to be on last night on next Monday.

4. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Revolution is getting rebroadcast on Friday 8 PM EST

5. tgater

tgater Godfather

Jul 24, 2007
    Wouldn't it be up to the local station, not directv? I mean after all D* didn't halt the programs the locals chose to air storm coverage instead of regular programing.

6. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    It would be up to the network and/or the local affiliate, yes. There have been several re-schedules already, as pointed out above, and it wouldn't surprise me if there were more going forward.

7. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I think the OP is referring to the DirecTV outage of HD locals that impacted markets in eight states.

8. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    It still wouldn't be up to DirecTV to rebroadcast the shows though.

9. maartena

maartena Hall Of Fame

Nov 1, 2010
    That isn't up to DirecTV, it is up to your HD Locals. DirecTV doesn't own the programming at all, and doesn't have the rights to re-broadcast anything without specific permission of the owners of the programming.

So if your HD locals figure they have lost half or more of their audience because of the storm (many lost power, many lost cable service as well), they have the option to re-broadcast a show, but it is really up to them as they own the broadcast rights to do so.

10. maartena

maartena Hall Of Fame

Nov 1, 2010
    Still, DirecTV doesn't own the programming rights, and wouldn't even be ALLOWED to rebroadcast programming. With 8 Million out of power, and from a TWC tweet I found out about 1 million Time Warner Cable customers lost cable service whether they had power or not.... DirecTV customers aren't the only ones that lost programming.

It's a shame that those that aren't directly affected by this disaster..... don't think about the many lives lost and the billions of dollars of damage.... but about what television they missed and how they might get compensated in some form. But that's our current world I'm afraid, so who the hell am I to judge that. :D

11. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Thanks for that. I did not see mine was screwed up.

12. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    are the DVR picking up these changes?

13. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    So far, so good.

14. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    the reason i ask mine 34 hasn't pick them up yet

15. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I was I impressed that my dvr picked up the NBC changes last night. Preempt of Go On and the New Normal for a Sandy recap. Fios dvr did not.

16. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    mine does not know that it recorded nothing but an apology screen for an hour