1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Any reason this wouldn't work?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by njfoses, May 13, 2010.

1. njfoses

njfoses Legend

Sep 14, 2007
    Atlanta
    So i want to upgrade to mrv and have an hr20-700, h20 and r15 all without swm. I know the h20 will be swapped but what i want to do is upgrade the r15 to an hd-dvr but im not yet ready to purchase an hdtv for that particular room. I just want to have the whole install finished at one shot. Will the installer install the box without the hdtv? If so if i record an hd program on the hr20 will mrv work to the new box and downconvert to sd resolution? Thanks!

2. mikhu

mikhu Beer Aficionado

Oct 10, 2006
    Yep, many people have HDDVR's hooked up to SDTV's. It works just fine. :)

3. beer_geek

beer_geek Legend

Jun 14, 2007
    I have 3 HR22 and only 1 HDTV. MRV works just fine with my wired ethernet network.

4. njfoses

njfoses Legend

Sep 14, 2007
    Atlanta
    Thanks for the responses guys!!