1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any way to get 942 at a decent price or lease?

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by archer, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archer

archer Cool Member

Nov 20, 2003
    I have been a Dish customer for over 7 years and paying over a $100 a month for several years.

I called to see about getting a 942 to replace my 6000 but the best they would offer is $799 installed.

Does anybody no of any decent offers and how to get them.

Thanks
    Dave

2. lakebum431

lakebum431 Icon

Jun 30, 2005
    Some have had luck leasing them. Search through the forums a bit and you'll find the process. It involves an E-mail to someone at Dish.

3. dave1234

dave1234 Icon

Oct 9, 2005
    I bought mine on ebay new for $620 including shipping. Solidsignal was the name of the outfit. He's apparently a dish dealer and has sold lots of these. As always YMMV as I can't vouch for the business, only that I was happy with my purchase.
    Also the $620 did not include installation.
    On a side note I've been seeing allot of fraudulent activity on ebay lately....

4. Ghostwriter

Ghostwriter Legend

Oct 10, 2005
    well if you get a hold of someone higher up you may be able to get a lease deal. I am actually just going to hold tight and wait for the MPEG4s to come out. Also w/ the introduction of PocketDish it seems like the 942 became a bit buggy after the last update to make it work with PDish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.