1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any word on Comedy Central in HD?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by ejjames, Apr 23, 2008.

1. ejjames

ejjames Icon

Oct 2, 2006
    This is one of the few remaining channels I have been waiting for in HD. Then again, until shows such as The Daily Show are ready to go HD, I guess I can wait. Is their any word?
    ej

2. ShawnL25

ShawnL25 Icon

Mar 2, 2007
    It has long been rumored to be apart of the next wave of Viacom channels to go HD , seeing as most of the current wave of Viacom channels in HD aren't HD (VH1HD) I would think it would be awhile. However D* has advertised BET and MTV2 already so it's possible that it will roll out with those at that time, along with TVland and theN. CC has been shooting in HD for awhile so when they do flip the switch it should be good to go. If I was to venture a guess I would say SEPTEMBER

3. jabrwocky7

jabrwocky7 AllStar

Oct 22, 2006
    I'd just be happy if comedy central would have accurate guide data for first runs of The Daily Show.

4. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    They do. It's the repeats that have the bad (i.e., no) guide data.

5. glennb

glennb Hall Of Fame

Sep 21, 2006
    VH1HD looks a lot better than VH1SD ever did.

6. PeterB

PeterB Legend

Jul 25, 2002
    Exactly. I wont complain on the lack of HD content on some of these "HD" channels like VH1 and MTV, as the give us watchable SD compared to that blurry pixelated mess in Mpeg2 SD of the 101 bird.