1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Any workarounds for getting OTA EPG for Charlottesville without having view of 129

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by pookycade, Dec 12, 2012.

1. pookycade

pookycade New Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Charlottesville,VA area. Two hoppers, both with USB OTA dongles. Hoppers receive and can view 16, 19, 27, 29, 41 including subs, but no EPG info for ANY channel. Contacted Dish advanced tech support and am told that all EPG for OTA comes from the stations themselves and NOT from Dish and that I need to contact my local channels ! (Someone needs to clue their own tech support in on things).

My installation has a view of 61.5 and 77 sats, but not 129 sat where SD locals come in (due to tree obstructions). Was hoping for ability to combine HD locals thru USB OTA hopper with satellite channels from 61.5 for a complete HD system. Looking at an offsite unofficial channel satellite list it seems all the OTA EPG for Charlottesville OTA channels is coming thru 129 on subchannels. Now looking like I might have to go back to cable. Are there any solutions here ? Please confirm.

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    If you are wanting any National HD channels, you should look at getting 72 along with 61.5. 77 is mostly for various local market channels.

3. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    For the guide to contain information for OTA channels, you need the local feed from us. Without this feed, you will not have EPG information for the OTA channels.

You said you do not have LOS for satellite 129. Your Charlottesville locals are feed on satellite 129.

I don't have an answer for your other question. Thanks.