1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody else missing the weather channel?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by juan ellitinez, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    I think its gone!!!

2. CoriBright

CoriBright Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

May 30, 2002
    We've still got it here (TWC) on 214 with WETHR on 213. I'd like them to keep both, storms just aren't the same without Jim Cantore.

3. Polardog

Polardog Legend

Mar 4, 2008
    Not I.
    I tuned in and watched Weather Cast for a bit. Nice screen shots. A small banner at the bottom of the screen with 24 hour & extended forecasts. Great picture quality.
    To TWC I say Bye Bye to endless banners and multiple screens blocking out weather video and radar. Bottom 1/3 and left 1/4 screen taken up with banners. Waiting endlessly to get local forecasts and radar. If there is just one supercell over 1 city in this country your SOL to get anything local especially during prime time. And in the AM you get the standup comedy team of Al & Stephanie who spend 1/2 their time on stuff other then weather.
    Trying to watch Vortex2 on TWC has been very frustrating. While there has been great coverage by the Vortex and other chasers, trying getting a full screen of anything storm related (video, radar, interviews) is futile. The upper right corner of the TV screen is what you get and often there are multiple screens within that small area one overlapping the other. To me, not worth watching.

OK....rant over !

4. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
  5. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    I don't think TWC is going to be missed with the addtion of weather.
    I have jumped between the 2 a little bit in the last couple of hrs. TWC bye.

6. Matt9876

Matt9876 Hall Of Fame

Oct 11, 2007
    TWC plug will be pulled at midnight tonight,Bye Bye....

7. jdmart

jdmart AllStar

Jan 9, 2004
    Will not miss TWC and their lack of weather reporting! Can still view both TWC and Weather Cast. Weather Cast does the job and glad it's also in HD.

8. Chihuahua

Chihuahua Legend

Sep 8, 2007
    Finally, a weather network that presents reports on weather. No movies or documentaries. Good luck to The Weather Cast!

9. kcolg30

kcolg30 Godfather

May 11, 2010
    I hope they can provide Hurricane tracking like TWC...:sure::rolleyes:

10. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Hurricanes are kind of hard to miss, tracking them isn't that much of a big deal.
    Nobody predicts where they land until the last minute so, we will see what they can do.

11. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Already being discussed here.

Thread closed to avoid splintered conversation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.