1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Anybody uses EyeTV for iPad instead of Slingbox?

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by AresROC, Nov 30, 2011.

1. AresROC

AresROC Cool Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Since the Directv iPad app won't allow video viewing outside of the local network, I have heard of a solution called the EyeTV for iPad and EyeTV on a Mac. Anyone uses that and can share their experiences?

I just got a Slingbox Solo myself, was wondering if it is redundant now already...

2. JJJBBB

JJJBBB Godfather

May 26, 2007
    no

3. 3.579545

3.579545 New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    I've owned EyeTV for years. It is not very reliable software. I get much better results using my Slingboxes. I no longer use EyeTV at all, I do not like it.

With Slingbox I can watch TV on my Nexus 7, iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 8.9", and any Windows or OS X computer.