1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else enjoying American Horror Story on FX

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by oldschoolecw, Oct 13, 2011.

1. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Fun show, it reminds me of The Shining. What do you think of this show?

2. Getteau

Getteau Icon

Dec 19, 2007
    Houston
    I like it so far. It's kind of a cross between "The Others" and “The Shining.”

After the dog bit the little girl in episode 1, I thought for sure the dog was going to be toast by the end of the episode.

I wonder if they dialed it back a little in episode 2, because it didn't seem as scary as episode 1. I also keep wondering when someone is going to “find” some pictures in the house of all the ghosts (neighbor, boyfriend, maid).

3. fuzzface

fuzzface Mentor

Feb 1, 2011
    Just watched the first ep last night. I was pleasantly surprised. Will definitely keep watching for now.

4. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Is it scary? Like make you jump scary? I ask because if so, I like setting the mood...lights down, stereo up. :lol:

5. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    It really is like "The Others" and “The Shining” if you found them entertaining :) I don't think anyone would soil them selves though :lol: not that kind of scary

6. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Not much so far. Mainly because I have no idea what the plot is after two episodes.

7. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Haven't watched the second yet, first one left me a little lost. W/ FX's track record I figure it is definitely worth watching. Probably should have gone through the strobe sequence near the end of ep. 1 shot by shot, I couldn't hardly watch the screen with the lights flashing so much but there were some great things in what I did see.

8. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Recording it, but waiting for the 2nd boot to drop before watching it.

9. the_batman

the_batman AllStar

Sep 20, 2007
    Enjoyed the 1st episode. Will watch the 2nd this weekend. Was scary enough that my wife stopped watching.

10. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Watching it right now. Pretty whacked. I think FX has a hit on their hands.

11. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Still a little hazy on who's real and who's a spirit. And how they tie into the history of the house.

12. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Second ep. was a lot better IMO, watching 3rd as I type. Just realized the young maid is Alexandra Breckenridge whom I have loved since I first saw her in Dirt.

Actually had a dream about the show last night, reason I am catching up today.

13. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Very good show, I love good horror!

14. joehandy2011

joehandy2011 Cool Member

Jun 30, 2010
    GREAT SHOW! I'm kinda wondering who's real and who's a ghost, too. At this point, I think the Harmon family that live in the house are alive...The rest? Who knows! I do know one thing, I CAN'T STOP WATCHING!

15. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    It's OK but they sure try to cram every type of horror plot there is into it.

Everything but the kitchen sink, you might say.

On the other hand, I think the kitchen sink will probably be possessed by a ghost next season.

16. fuzzface

fuzzface Mentor

Feb 1, 2011
    I cannot understand having a second season of this show UNLESS they change it to a new location with new people. This is the perfect type of show for a 1 season and done. Unfortunately the US does not understand the concept of this.

17. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    I am just making it through the 3rd or 4th episode. I can tell you as a single guy, no matter how many ghosts they throw at the plot, the horror of their marriage is scaring me single for sure.

18. johnck78

johnck78 Godfather

Feb 18, 2007
    Just got caught up. This show is just fantastic. I do agree that is should be a One and Done I can't imagine a second season.

19. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    We like it. I agree it should be a one and done season. It's not a show like Fringe or X-Filesthe writers can keep going and hold the audience's attention, IMHO. It just needs to build to a big, climactic finale!