1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else getting brief freezes tonite?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by iluvtv, Nov 21, 2009.

1. iluvtv

iluvtv Legend

Sep 29, 2005
    Not sure if this is the correct forum but anyways i'm getting just a brief freeze for about 1/2 to 1 seconds followed by slight pixelation, happening every once in a while. Anyone else seeing this?

2. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    all channels or just one?

CSN CHI looks good.

3. iluvtv

iluvtv Legend

Sep 29, 2005
    well i noticed it on one of the starz channels, one showtime ch. and also while the wife was watching hgtv, i switched to csn california and watched 15 miutes of hockey and never had one so i guess i'll see what happens. We did get some wet snow tonite so not sure if something got wet.

4. Wicker 54

Wicker 54 AllStar

May 7, 2006
    Getting it here on Starzs and Showtime tonight... HR20/100

5. slimoli

slimoli Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    Getting it on Spike HD, ch 241. Happens in 5-10 minutes intervals and last for 1/2 second.

Started tonight around 10 pm ET. Sky is clear here in south Florida, probably not weather related.

6. paco1986

paco1986 Icon

Mar 26, 2007
    I am also seeing it on TBS HD (ch. 247). I have an HR20-700.

7. iluvtv

iluvtv Legend

Sep 29, 2005
    ok, thanks at least it's just not me, lol, started watching a movie on cinemax and no freezes there what so ever.

8. mpar1

mpar1 AllStar

Mar 20, 2008
    I've seen it on Showtime and my ABC affiliate.

9. betterdan

betterdan Icon

May 22, 2007
    History HD kept getting short freezes last night for me.

10. seern

seern Active Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    CNN almost all morning, The brief interruptions are accompanied by a loud popping most of the time.

11. dirtyblueshirt

dirtyblueshirt Under Suspicion

Dec 6, 2008
    Anaheim, CA
    I had it last night too here in San Diego (weather definitely not an issue) but no problems today.

12. richlife

richlife Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2006
    My wife and I have been seeing this a lot on both our tvs. On the HR21, it's been much worse and the freeze lasts much longer (20-30 secs). On the HR20, it usually lasts about 1 - 2 secs. The HR21 finally hung yesterdayd with a fluttering picture that wouldn't change despite channel changes, turning it off and on, restart, etc. I finally unplugged both tv and dvr for 15 minutes and restarted everything. Came up with same fluttering screen, but corrected itself on on channel change. Freezes continue.

Wife called DirecTV and after going through the rigamarole they wanted her to reformat the drive before they would consider sending a tech. She refused, but today the freezes have gotten much worse so that the tv could barely be watched and while I was away the dvr rebooted. She called DirecTV again and demanded a tech who will be her on Tuesday. The unexpectd reboot at least seemed to settle down the freezes -- back to several times an hour.

I was wondering if the disk could become so fragmented (our dvrs are several years old and my wife records and deletes constantly all day) that the freezes could be the heads seeking?

13. Stewpidity

Stewpidity Godfather

Jan 25, 2008
    yes i had them watching the boxing on Showtime-HD Sat. night, no problems so far today

14. ActiveHDdave

ActiveHDdave Godfather

Sep 15, 2007
    I am getting it on the NASCAR Sprit Cup race Just 1 or2 second freeze then it's ok for about 20 seconds. It is making the race unwatchable.

15. JTB547

JTB547 Cool Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Yep...

Getting it here also...

Showtime HD...

16. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Icon

Mar 7, 2007
    I noticed the same thing accompanied by a slight audio dropout on my local ABC affiliate as well as once on a local Fox affiliate. Didn't realize it was a national problem!

17. Tom_S

Tom_S Icon

Apr 9, 2002
    I have been getting this occasionally for a couple of months, sometimes every few minutes, sometimes with hours in between. It is annoying and quite frankly becoming grounds for dumping D*.

18. direfan

direfan AllStar

Jan 21, 2003

I agree. This is also accompanied by pixellation.

19. dalepm

dalepm AllStar

Feb 3, 2007
    Saw it on MNF last night.

20. Gern Blansten

Gern Blansten Cool Member

Dec 28, 2007
    I am having the exact same problem...very annoying while watching last weeks Grey's Anatomy and other recordings.