1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Anyone else have BeIN Sport turned off?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by hmss007, Jun 7, 2013.

1. hmss007

hmss007 AllStar

Aug 12, 2006
    Sometime in the last 24 hours, DTV turned of my BeIN Sport channel. I tried calling but their systems are down for maintenance and they can't turn it back on now. Has anyone else had this issue? I've had the channel since it launched in August 2012 and I'm wondering if they are going to force me to a new programming package to keep it - I haven't changed my programming in several years.

Any insight would be great and I'd hate to lose the channel.

Thanks.

2. mjm76

mjm76 Legend

Aug 27, 2006
    I just checked my BeIN sports channel 620 and it is on, currently showing a replay of USA vs Jamica from 2012.

I also would hate it if this channel went off. I watch a lot of soccer on it.

3. Michael H..

Michael H.. Member

May 31, 2007
    You were talking about channel 620, right?
    And not 426?
    I had 426 in the beginning, but when it was added in HD on 620, 620 went live on my account, and 426 was deleted.

4. DawgLink

DawgLink Woof Woof Woof

Nov 5, 2006
    Washington, DC
    I am glad someone mentioned this because I had this same issue last night and was wondering it DirecTV had moved the channel to another package

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Channel 620 is included with the premier package or it can be added by having the sports pack. Channel 426 comes with most Spanish packages or it can be added to an English package by adding the en Espanol add on package

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

6. hmss007

hmss007 AllStar

Aug 12, 2006
    I just spoke with DTV and it looks like I shouldn't have had it in the first place, I have the Choice Xtra Classic package (which is legacy). I've had it since it went live in August 2012, so do I have any way to push to have it kept? The CSR was not really interested in my satisfaction and told me my only options are to add the Sports Pack or upgrade to Premiere.

Sigh

7. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I just spoke with DTV and it looks like I shouldn't have had it in the first place, I have the Choice Xtra Classic package (which is legacy). I've had it since it went live in August 2012, so do I have any way to push to have it kept? The CSR was not really interested in my satisfaction and told me my only options are to add the Sports Pack or upgrade to Premiere.

Sigh

Those are your options, although they might be able to give a trial of the sports pack

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app