1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Else Watching Rubicon?

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by olguy, Aug 17, 2010.

1. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    I am enjoying the series very much. Even in SD. And yes, it would look better in HD but then it is more of a thought provoker than a production with great scenery so I can tolerate the SD. I mean dark and dank is dark and dank in either SD or HD, right?

I am particularly intrigued by the Arliss Howard character Kale Ingram. Does he have a role in the grand conspiracy or not. If so is he just a player or more than that? If not will he help James Badge Dale's character Will Travers or not?

And each character has questions surrounding them about their role in the grand scheme. Are they aware of it? Will they become victims or heroes? Or will they ignore it when they do become aware?

2. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    You are not the only one. Along with Mad Men it is one of the few sd program I watch.

3. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Ashes to Ashes and the IT Crowd are the other two.

4. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Yes, and enjoying it very much!

5. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    The one minor clue I picked up on a while ago...

Some codes were sent using a book code. One must have the same published book in hand to be able to decypher. The now-dead boss' wife, when examining his previously-unknown apartment found a book by Graham Greene and was surprised as her husband "hated Graham Greene". It's gotta be the source book for those codes.

6. LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE Hall Of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    New York
    I am really liking this show. One of my favorites at the moment..

7. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    I caught that. I take a guess and say "Our Man In Havana".

8. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I was thinking "The Third Man" but regardless, I think this is an intriguing show with a strong cast and solid production values. I wish we were seeing it in HD, but oh well....

9. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    I'm seeing it in HD and enjoying it, despite the fact that it's a bit hard to follow. If you miss an episode, you'll be really confused, because there seems to be a backstory connection in most scenes.The thing that took me aback was the fact that Episode 2 seemed to work better as the pilot, and episode 1 should follow 2. Or am I missing something?
    Rubicon and Rizzoli & Isles have become my summer shows of choice, soon to be followed by Dark Blue, which I haven't seen as yet.

10. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    If there is a payoff that is in any way comparable to the setting up we have experienced, it will be great, and satisfying. If it's like Lost, then I will be really annoyed at wasting my time. Luckily, it won't be nearly as many seasons as Lost.

11. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    According to this thread, Dish subscribers may be seeing it in HD next Sunday. :D

12. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl

I agree. One huge conspiracy spread out over three years should be about right.

13. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Toss the rest of us a bone... channel, day, time? :rolleyes:

14. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    AMC, Sundays, 9 PM Eastern
    Repeated numerous times during the week.

15. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    I am getting into it. AMC should be proud that I am now willing to watch 3 of their programs even blurry. I do not give any other SD channel besides BBCA that attention.

16. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
  17. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    If they worked out all the Must Carry nonsense attached to AMC-HD, then DirecTV is probably not TOO far behind.

I too would like BBC America, TCM, and AMC in HD.

The pacing of this show is strange. It seems the first half of the show is commercial free, then they cram all the commercial breaks into the second half, so there are the same number of breaks as most other shows. Rubicon is also maybe five minutes longer than most other programs on television (after the commercials are removed).