1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone ever have their account flagged for excessive credits?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by BuffaloDenny, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Feb 9, 2012 #1 of 49
    BuffaloDenny

BuffaloDenny Icon

Mar 19, 2007
    If so, how long was your account in that state?

I found out by adding a HD DVR to my cart online that I had to pay an extra $50 fee because of my account status and payment history. Well, I never missed or was even late for a payment in 16 years, so I called to see what was what. I used to call in and was always greeted by "you're a 5 star, long standing valued customer, we love you" but now I find I am flagged and cannot receive any credits whatsoever, from anyone, no matter what.

I'm OK with that, as I've received my share of discounts such as Sunday Ticket, free HD, HD Extra, some other monthly credits I don't even remember what they're for, etc. They told me their finance department caps your yearly credits, and if you somehow go over that you go into lockdown mode.

Just wondering when they're gonna think I'm wonderful again?:p

2. Feb 9, 2012 #2 of 49
    RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I think you said it yourself, "yearly credits"....

3. Feb 9, 2012 #3 of 49
    Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    This is an interesting story. I've never heard of something like this before.

Kevin

4. Feb 9, 2012 #4 of 49
    bookwalk

bookwalk AllStar

May 10, 2005
    Yep--mine's been like that for a long time--have no idea how to get off...

5. Feb 9, 2012 #5 of 49
    Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Stop calling in for credit?

6. yall2

yall2 Mentor

Dec 5, 2010
    ===========================
    You can't, you need to find a new girlfriend. :nono: :hurah:

7. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Icon

Mar 25, 2003
    At some point, the freebies stop. It doesn't matter how loyal you are. If you are costing the company money, you're not a good customer.

8. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Or at least not making them a dime....

9. TEN89

TEN89 Legend

Jun 27, 2003
    WOW talk about being greedy

10. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    They are a for-profit company....it doesn't make good business sense to keep customers that at best they are breaking even on.

11. RBraverman

RBraverman New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Had the same problem - you're allowed 2 -3 a year, as it was explained to me. I was told if you don't call them for the next year, it'll reset - didn't make sense to me, but two people said the same thing.

I had the problem, when a free service call turned into a $50.00 charge and even though they didn't and never do have a receipt from the installer, it was coded as "owner fault". Once that's on, it'll never be taken off, especially for me and my excessive credits.

12. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    I am a auto pay customer with choice extra classic, HD, dvr, HD extra pack, 5 hd dvrs. My bill is over $110 a month. My bill is never late because it is auto bill.
    Logged in and my acct says same thing. Only credit I get is the $10 hd fee credit.

13. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Wonders if the credit mongers take the same approach with their other service providers (phone, electric, cable, ect.)? :sure:

14. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA

Mine says the same thing. Wonder if there is a glitch in the system? Never noticed this before.

15. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    Credit mongers? It is a business relationship. If D* doesn't want to give out credit, then all they have to do is say "no". I don't look at it any different than D* dealing with their own providers and suppliers.

Your electric company will tell you "no", because there is no other option. D* is in a business where they have to continue to be competitive, just like a cell company, just like a cable company.

16. pfp

pfp Whatever

Apr 28, 2009
    I'm not a person who calls for credit much but I feel like a complete jackhole if I don't. I mean really, why pay $100 for something that can easily be had for $80?

17. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I've asked for quite a few credits, so I just tired adding an HD receiver to see what would happen and it was free. Most of mine were to offset the cost of NFL ST though. I have $55/mo in credits on my Jan bill, $5 for AT&T bundling, HD and NFL ST credits. So I wonder what determines that you have excessive credits.

Attached Files:

18. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    The "company" isn't handing out these credits the agents who represent the company does. As you can see on any forum you go to agents vary. People always state they want agents to be consistant but then they want discounts. Agents who do not follow the policy and give customers more than they should then make it so the company has to stop those accounts from getting credits. Now I know people won't take ownership and they'll state it's not their fault that the agents offer this stuff however the agents aren't the ones calling for discounts either.

19. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    It's squarely on D*'s shoulders to control their agents. So no, the "company" is handing out the credits no matter how you try and spin it.

20. Boston Fan

Boston Fan Godfather

Feb 17, 2006
    If the employees aren't the "company", who is?