1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone getting PBS LIL?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by fingerstyle, Oct 25, 2008.

1. fingerstyle

fingerstyle Mentor

Jan 22, 2008
    Sorry if this has been answered but I looked and couldn't find it. My locals went HD earlier this month-Springfield Holyoke. We are not getting the local PBS station in HD which is a wee bit odd since that is where the DTV collection facility is. The local PBS affiliate says that they hope to have this corrected next week but I'm not holding my breath

Are there any areas with locals in HD that have PBS or are they being excluded?

thanks

2. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    DirecTV worked out some kind of agreement with PBS last year, though we have never been given any details other than it was to be implemented in 2008. So far we haven't seen much on the HD front. Of course there are still 2+ months left in 2008...

3. capecodsooner

capecodsooner Legend

Jan 20, 2007
    Of course there are still 2+ months left in 2008...LF

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not picking on you but I love those type of answers when dealing with DTV timelines.

I too would like to see ONE of the PBS channels I recieve in HD on DTV. I also get two extended local versions of PBS (RI and NH), and while I enjoy 3 different PBS programs simultaneously I would like the one in my primary viewing area to be in HD.

Looks like the flood of new transponders wa not as big a flood as "advertised" or speculated upon......either that or the one entity with perhaps the lowest costs and supported "with viewers like you" cant get an HD deal with DTV.....me thinks the problems lie with DTV not PBS on getting these programs on the air in HD. $$$$$

I still get ghetto cable though and my TVs can tune it in in HD via that route and routinely do.....thus eliminating any chance of channel surfing via D and a subsequent loss of all there attempts at catching my revenue while I watch PBS(game channel, PPV, etc...) or any of THEIR paying advertisers.

4. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    [

I still get ghetto cable though and my TVs can tune it in in HD via that route and routinely do.....thus eliminating any chance of channel surfing via D and a subsequent loss of all there attempts at catching my revenue while I watch PBS(game channel, PPV, etc...) or any of THEIR paying advertisers.[/QUOTE]

So what the F..... are you trying to say? You enjoy cable more than DTV?

5. capecodsooner

capecodsooner Legend

Jan 20, 2007
    BN

The WTF you are aiming at is way off target.

I like D and the choices they give me for the $$ provided. However, I'm sure that their ADVERTISERS or bean counters don't really want me to select an alternate delivery method, CABLE, as my primary viewing method for HD PBS.

Also, I stopped drinking the D coolaide a long time ago.....:D

If I'm on cable watching PBS in HD I have almost ZERO chance of flipping over to another DirecTV channel, Pay Per View, subscription based programming choice, etc... I might have fliped to another DirecTV channel but for the lack of a truely universal remote that can also control SOURCE or INPUT.

Therefore, during the time I'm on local cable PBS in HD they have almost ZERO chance of getting any more money out of my pocket.

Like post number 2 stated, there are still two months left in 2008 for D to live up to the propoganda/hype they delivered through their PR dept befor D10/11 launced.....successfully. I thought that was supposed to be the timeline for HD nirvana but apparently things did not work out that way.

6. Plasman

Plasman AllStar

Jan 1, 2006
  7. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Most of us aren't getting our local PBS stations in HD via D*.. it appears most of the PBS stations are mum on what's going on and D* isn't talking either. After the joint press release last December, everything is silent. There are about 3 or 4 threads on the topic on DBSTalk.com, however. Hopefully, satelliteracer will have good news for us soon, as 2008 is almost over.

8. yankeesfan

yankeesfan Cool Member

Jun 11, 2008
    In my DMA (Burlington, VT-Plattsburgh, NY) we get WETK and WCFE, 2 PBS's in HD