1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Anyone Going to be WAtching Defying Gravity

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by olguy, Jul 28, 2009.

1. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    Or as one clown on the Houston ABC affiliate called it "NASA Gets Nasty." I mean, bumpin' belly buttons in space? Come on. Who wouldn't want to see that. I just wonder about the no gravity bit interfering with the "for every action...", you know?

2. bicker1

bicker1 Hall Of Fame

Oct 21, 2007
    My wife and I are looking forward to it. Looks like it could be very entertaining.

3. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I suppose you could wrap a bungee cord around them...:eek2:

4. Aug 1, 2009 #4 of 11
    Halfsek

Halfsek Hall Of Fame

Oct 29, 2002
    We're going to watch it. But after reading the blurb on the ABC site, the first thing I said to my wife was, "Great, a Lost in space".
    "Wait, I mean, Lost, in space."

We like Lost. It has its issues. But overall it's a fun show. And it looks like ABC is just trying to ride those coat tails for another series.

5. Aug 1, 2009 #5 of 11
    phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    We'll watch it.

But the last line one their web site promo is "Maybe there is something to this fate thing after all." My reaction is "Or maybe not."

6. Aug 1, 2009 #6 of 11
    spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Yep, I'll give it a shot.

7. Aug 3, 2009 #7 of 11
    compac

compac Legend

Oct 6, 2006
    Not sure, but this show is not going to make it.
    Or if Its even worth viewing,

This show DG, seems more like what would happen if the programs "Grey's Anatomy" and "Lost" have a love child.
    Lots of flash backs to give you that back story feel. Although, it is a Cool space ship.

Hunky boy astronauts with the required geek and one black character (the Commander w/ a problem) matched with an International collection of hot "next generation Y" girl astronauts wearing heavy makeup even in their space suits!

All this, while there is a "mystery" that the crew will face as they go to the unknown... say it w/ that deep TV announcer's voice
    A mystery like in the movie "2001" is being hinted about...
    "we'll tell the the crew in 43 days":rolleyes: Then at the end of this show and a bit of spit saves the day :nono2:

Rate it *1½ stars out of 5 in space;

8. Aug 3, 2009 #8 of 11
    LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE Hall Of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    New York
    Just watched on my computer..... Has potential....Even with faulty physics.....:)

9. Aug 4, 2009 #9 of 11
    Rangers94

Rangers94 AllStar

Feb 12, 2008
    Since only 3.7 Million people watched it, I don't see it lasting that long

10. bicker1

bicker1 Hall Of Fame

Oct 21, 2007
    We watched it last night. It was excellent! Very compelling... it is a shame that it was dumped into the summer season. I could see this have lasting many years, otherwise.

:up: :up:

11. Virginian

Virginian Mentor

Jun 14, 2006
    And it will be fair!

Honestly tried to watch this new breed of "Virtuality" and gave up after one hour.

Do we have a zero stars rating?