1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

anyone has dishworld with roku?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by billu, May 29, 2013.

1. billu

billu New Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Looking for options on south asian indian channels without any commitment and seems like the dishworld offer with free roku is a good one. does anyone have indian channel package with roku player? how is the video quality? are there any issues like audio out of sync or interruptions? thanks in advance.

2. billu

billu New Member

Jan 28, 2013
    i guess no one has dishworld with roku. must be a new concept. thanks for ur replies.

3. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    I cannot speak about Dishworld, but generally speaking the video quality depends on your Internet connection. I stream BBC World News on my Roku and it is OK to watch. However, the video quality on most everything else is top notch from providers like HuluPlus, Nextflix, Amazon, Crackle, PBS and so on. I mean generally I never notice any buffering from Roku, unlike my Smart Sony TV, which wants to constantly buffer. I am very impressed with Roku devices.

4. l'Aucherie

l'Aucherie Cool Member

May 8, 2010
    Rduce, which app do you use to be able to stream BBC World News? Does this give you access to the full 24 hour news channel or only to select content? By the way, Billu, several months ago I tried Dishworld which had a week free trial at the time. The audio and video quality were fine, probably better than the SD channels from satellite 118, but as Rduce has said, that will depend on you internet connection. I seem to remember that only select channels from the various packages were available, but that may have changed by now. Anyway, just visit dishworld.com and you will get the whole story.

5. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    I use the BBC news app I found in the Roku channel store and it streams the live news feed 24/7

6. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Yes, BBC is readily available, along with some other English language European news channels.

7. karrank%

karrank% AllStar

Sep 20, 2009
    Just bought a roku and noticed a dishworld trial offer, but haven't investigated yet. Intrigued.

-on a side note, any current roku threads here? Think I'm going to be needing some help.

8. l'Aucherie

l'Aucherie Cool Member

May 8, 2010
    There's a Roku section under IPTV Hardware.