1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Anyone have a good 47-55" LCD Netflix enabled TV to recommend

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by schampio, Oct 23, 2011.

1. schampio

schampio New Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Had my heart set on the new Insignia announced with the Tivo interface but frustrated that they didn't add a Preview-like function to connect to Tivo DVRs on the local network. So back to the drawing board. Currently looking at a Vizio E3D470VX as a possible candidate for the Kitchen computer monitor replacment for circa $800 at Walmart. Any other suggestions?

2. schampio

schampio New Member

Oct 23, 2011
    to mention that it would be nice if DLNA was enabled. And that makes 4 posts. Off to PM.

3. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule!

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    That moel is not DLNA enabled- You have to go to the next higher model for DLNA support.

4. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    I highly recommend using a seperate box for DLNA and streaming and buying a tv without those features. You'll likely keep your tv for 10 years or more. In that time streaming will change dramatically and you tv's interface will soon be obsolete. With a seperate box like a roku or blu-ray player, you can always just get a new box in a few years very cheaply with all the latest technology.

Along those lines, I recommend the Sony S570. It's very cheap right now, has wifi, more features than the S580, and DLNA is excellent when used with Serviio. It's Netflix and 30 something other services aren't bad either. Panasonic has the best netflix these days but terrible DLNA. As far as TV's go, samsung and sony are tops in my book. Vizio may be cheaper, but you get what you pay for.

5. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Really, a Roku is usually cheaper than the mark up on the internet enabled model TV's anyway.

6. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I can't say enough about the Samsungs. Best tv I've ever owned, and Netflix enabled.