1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have issues with the 118 Satellite?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Wu-Infinite, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wu-Infinite

Wu-Infinite Cool Member

Mar 24, 2007
    the only channels we get from it I believe are my wife's filipino programing, but it seems like they are coming in and out, I did a check on the signal strenght it the highest I got was in the 40's and I have some higher but it said satellite not locked. when the install was done there were some trees in the distance that i tought were going to keep us from getting a signal, but we had a great signal even after spring when all the leaves came back, it's been a dry summer so far and I don't see any changes in the trees, so I don't think that's the problem, but perhaps is a problem with the satellite? I know if I get an installer to come and make sure the dish is not lose it will cost me.

2. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    Wu,
    There is an issue with some channels on certain transponders, in some areas of the country. It began a few weeks ago, when Dish moved from the AMC16 satellite to the A-F3 satellite. It has yet to be determined what the cause is, but Dish engineering is aware of it, trying to determine the cause, and resolution.

3. lanski

lanski Cool Member

May 2, 2007
    The only TP Freq. have no quality is 11728 and 11789. The rest TP Freq. are O.k
    So any update about this problem?

4. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    Not that I've heard. Some subs have been able to gain a stronger signal with a dish antenna re-point. Mine is perfect, and I still get only 48-52 on one Tp.
    Dish engineering is aware, and is working on resolution.
    So far, the issue seems to be confined to some areas of the midwest and some areas of NY.

5. jsorte

jsorte New Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Any updates on this issue? I'm wondering if my recent problems with 119 are related.

I have been having issues with 119 for the past 3-4 weeks - it will just drop the signal sometime in the middle of the day (today it was at 8:30am) and generally won't come back until early evening (still not back yet, as of 4:15pm).

I've called customer support and they were supposed to have a tech here today to fix the problem - unfortunately, he called in "sick" (nice sunny, 80 degree day).

6. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    :welcome_s to dbstalk, jsorte!

I'm not home much during the day, but I haven't seen this problem. I've had very good outcomes anytime I've had techs out--re-install after moving with dishmover and re-pointing a dish once. I hope it's resolved soon to your satisfaction.

7. satexplorer

satexplorer Superstar

Feb 6, 2007
    Dock X

Your 118.7° W satellite is not skewed meaning it's pointing straight and the tech didn't tilt a little to the side. I called a tech, he fixed for me. Usually signal strengths at 40% results in channels at 118.7° pops up with an error message searching for satellite during nighttime viewing. I don't know this it's better to have it adjusted during better weather rather than cloudy weather. It happened to me with Channels 784 EuroNews, now it's on all the time and the skew of the satellite is corrected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.