1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have their new locals yet?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by smorg, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 4, 2004 #1 of 23
    smorg

smorg Cool Member

Aug 26, 2002
  2. Jun 4, 2004 #2 of 23
    shy007

shy007 Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 11, 2003
    I got my locals last year but I will say be patient when you get them.... I was driving folks crazy on my locals..... There were a few problems the 1st 30 days and I was doubting using directv..... I kept posting and folks kept telling me to wait out the 1st 30 days...... My locals are very good now and I have very little trouble with them..... The only problem I have is with the sound being low on the FOX station but I deal with it because I have the National Fox's.....

Good luck and hope your locals are damn good fro you....

3. Jun 4, 2004 #3 of 23
    DannyStraessle

DannyStraessle AllStar

May 3, 2004
    My market will not be up until next week, however, I have noticed that on Channel 999 one of the five repeating (PowerPoint?) slides instructs viewers to tune to channel 400. Channel 400 seems to be a PPV preview channel in Spanish. Suppose this is a live channel on 7S?

4. Jun 4, 2004 #4 of 23
    smorg

smorg Cool Member

Aug 26, 2002
    ok, i am getting the listings now for the spokane channels, but i am not getting the free preview as it seem i should be (ch 999 says there will be a 2 month free preview!?!)

5. Jun 4, 2004 #5 of 23
    sobal

sobal Guest

As of 6:30AM Friday, Omaha did not have the locals up yet. Will have to wait until after work to see if they came up yet.

6. Jun 4, 2004 #6 of 23
    scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
    I got all mine in Omaha, NE except for channel 32 IOWA PBS which I think they remap out of Des Mones like Dish Network does.

7. Jun 4, 2004 #7 of 23
    missileman

missileman Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

May 28, 2004
    I think channel 400 tests your ability to receive channels via the multi-dish path. I receive that channel fine...... I had a problem on one of my receivers until i did the set up for an oval dish.

8. Jun 4, 2004 #8 of 23
    Richard

Richard Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    South Texas
    Spokane, WA channels:
    Code:
    CBS KREM 2
    ABC KXLY 4
    NBC KHQ  6
    PBS KSPS 7
    CBS KEPR 19
     WB KSKN 22
    PBS KCDT 26
    FOX KAYU 28
    Omaha, NE channels:
    Code:
    CBS KMTV 3
    NBC WOWT 6
    ABC KETV 7
     WB KXVO 15
    PBS KYNE 26
    PBS KBIN 32
    FOX KPTM 42

9. Jun 4, 2004 #9 of 23
    smorg

smorg Cool Member

Aug 26, 2002
    now have picture for all spokane channels, although I don't think we're going to get kepr cbs 19 as that is from Richland, Pasco & Kennewick, Washington not Spokane.

However, we I do have ch 978 listed as KIMA which is the CBS in Yakima, however, I cannot get this. Anyone know why this channel is in my listings when I can't get it?

10. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    When I switched from Dish to DirecTV, I lost one local channel that Dish has but DirecTV doesn't, and gained one that DirecTV offers, but Dish doesn't. It would be nice if both carried all the local channels, and one 24 weather channel from each city.

11. thebigjp

thebigjp the 337's finest DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 21, 2003
    Status of Lafayette Locals as of 2:09 PM:

3 KATC: On
    7 WLBT: "Program not availiable in your area....."
    10 KLFY: On
    15 KADN: On
    24 LPB: "Program is not availible in your area...."

12. thebigjp

Jan 21, 2003
    UPDATE: all 5 LAFAYETTE LOCALS ACTIVE!

13. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    My mom actually got a chance to watch the transition of our locals go from CONUS to the spotbeam. She usually watches our local ABC for news but noticed there were some problems with the video cutting in and out and slurred audio, she flipped to CBS, same thing, NBC same. Then an error message was displayed, she flipped around for a minute or two then all was well. She called D* and they explained to her about 7S. This happened somewhere around 4:45-5:00 this morning. Only thing is now the channel logos for locals have been replaced by generic DirecTV logos.

14. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    The channel 400 is a advertizing channel for the Spanish packages. It is, and always was, on the 119 location. Since it is "unscrambled" (any DirecTV multi-sat receiver hooked up to a multi-sat dish will get it) it is just a way to test to see if the viewer has the proper equipment for the 119 locals.

Which is all well and good, but was DirecTV so bandwidth-poor that it could not have put up a channel in English to test this. All you would need was one of the talking heads (or just a "card") saying "if you can see me, you are OK for your locals in June". I am sure that some customers followed the directions on 999 and tuned to 400 and then became confused when it was a Spanish advertizing channel.

As to locals, according to the PDF files, this week's all have clearance for all the channels. I hope this trend continues.

15. qwas12

qwas12 AllStar

May 31, 2004
    I wasnt confused because i know that the 400's are mainly the para todos lineup. the muti-sat was made first for spanish programing. all that 400 is, is a information channel for spanish subscibers.

16. CoriBright

CoriBright Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

May 30, 2002
    My friend Jen in Reno is delighted to report she has all hers.

17. catman

catman Godfather

Jun 27, 2002
    Got my locals in fall last year . CBS is CSI . That one show I can not miss . " Typing words in a newsgroup is not the same talking . So we are looking for someone with internet knoweledge . "

18. gor88

gor88 Icon

May 9, 2003
    Congrats on getting locals, jp. I know you're very happy now! :D

How do you like WLBT, the NBC affiliate from Jackson?

19. thebigjp

Jan 21, 2003
    it is nice to finally have a watchable NBC station. but I must say, WLBT has not always been availible since friday here is what I mean...

5:00a.m.-5:30p.m. Fri. 6/4 "Program not availible in your area..."
    5:30p.m. 6/4- 4:00a.m. 6/5 availible
    4:00a.m. 6/5-3:00p.m. 6/8 "Program not availible..."
    right now: availible...

I sure hope they get this straightened out...

20. gor88

gor88 Icon

May 9, 2003
    The Omaha market, which was released at the same time is having problems with Council Bluffs, IA PBS channel 32. No one can see it, but DirecTV is working on it. In all likelihood, there will be some issues that arise, especially since they released 13 markets at once.

You should inform WLBT (www.wlbt.com) and DirecTV if you haven't already done so. Make sure they know the specifics so they can get it corrected.

Thank goodness the locals are free for two months, huh! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.