1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know when EchoStar will be back up?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Kazoo_guy, May 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazoo_guy

Kazoo_guy Cool Member

May 7, 2002
    :shrug: Anyone have a clue when the Echostar will beck back up and opperating? Of the 21 transponders only #1 has full signal now. I was getting many others at least in afternoon and evenings but they too are now gone.

:rolleyes: I really would like to watch the GP race on SpeedVision this weekend but alas it seems not to be.

So since DishNetwork is not functional... can I use the same dish and switch to Direct TV?

I am tired of paying for a servidce we are no longer getting.

2. Guest

Huh???

3. Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP Icon

Apr 22, 2002
    Dude, sounds like your Dish got knocked out of alignment. Time to re-aim.

-Lyle J.P.

4. Kerry High

Kerry High AllStar

Apr 28, 2002
    Or possible leaves have grown on a tree in front of the dish...

5. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Kazoo_guy - the problem is your setup, not Dish. I'm getting a phenomanal signal from 119. You need to follow the suggestions given above about re-aiming/clearing leaves away, etc.

6. Kazoo_guy

Kazoo_guy Cool Member

May 7, 2002
    Replaced coax, LNBF and re-checked dish algnment. Also I am on a hill 110' above the surrounding terrain. The only thing between me and the satellite are occasional clouds. Super signals on a few TS but zip on rest. So that is not the probelm. Happened about the same time this spot bean stuff began a few weeks ago.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments however.

7. Kazoo_guy

Kazoo_guy Cool Member

May 7, 2002
    Opps forgot to mention that 3 other DishNetwork subscribers have exactly the same problem. It started at the same time and they are 35 miles north of me.

Not likely all 4 of our units were "out of alignment" simultaneously... unless 119 is now in a different location ever so slightly?

8. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Have you tried calling Dish Network? Something seems a little screwy here. :shrug:

9. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    OK then - WHERE are you guys ?

If you're in CONUS, there shouldn't be any problem.

10. Martyva

Martyva Guest DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    I was hissin a pissy last week for the same reason. First day it was only transponder 16. Second day many more. I went outside and tightened the little screw that goes through the arm and attaches the lnb to the reflector arm. Back to a 123/125 signal. We'd had some heave wind gusts that didn't affect the mount , but loosened that one screw

11. Martyva

Apr 23, 2002
    Another problem that may have occured to several sytem would be 'wire burn' If your connectors going into the house aren't sealed and moisture is present. it could melt the wire so there is loss of contact. If this has occured, simply re expose the metal contects, connect and remember to seal. i was to cheap to seal (about $2) until i'd stripped wire twice in 2 years.

12. Kazoo_guy

Kazoo_guy Cool Member

May 7, 2002
    First thanks to everyoine who has replied and offered an opinion.
    :hi:

As noted earlier, LNBF AND coax were replaced and no change. Aside from the units 35 miles north of me that went out at the same time, one of my firends has family in Canada and their unit went out at the same time too!
    Go figure?
    Statisically not a random chance occurrence to happen on same few days over such a wide range of landscape.

Tried calling Dish NW support but line always busy, the internt tech support, once they replied after about a week, made no mention of any changes on E* 119°W (eg. shifting to spot beams) and suggested that there was nothing wrong and I needed to replace LNB and/or coax or re-aim dish.

When I inquired about re-aiming to 110°W instead of 119°W tech support made no comment, and it was here in this discussion group that I learned 110° is no longer active.

So now I will look into switching to Direct TV or perhaps a C-band system if I can not get this to work.

Dish allignment has been re-checked (x5) and as on initial set up there is no signal on any TS but as you get close weak sigs. on most then strong on 1 or 21 and then all the rest pop right in just fine. So I still have TS#1 loud and clear and 20 and 17 ragnge from 0-35 w/o locking and rest are now 0. Any adjustment of dish, up/ down or azmuth change drops signals.

So I appreciate everyine's comments in any case. Always good to re-check the obvious, but been there- done that.:shrug:

No WEB TV that offers coverage of the Austrian Grand Prix either so I will mist another race. Unles someone out there knows of something, hope hope.

Thanks again.

13. Martyva

Apr 23, 2002
    Both 110 and 119 are working great. When you re alligned did you do a check switch? Do you think you might be pointed at the wrong sat so you get no signal? Is you mount plumb and skew set per your zip code? Have you had an installer come out to troubleshoot? One of things i like about Dish is they have been much more proficient at trouble shooting problems (ours, theirs, and yours)

14. Guest

HUH???

There are currently only 4 transponders at 119 that may read "0" today: 3, 5, 7, & 9 due to spot beams. The rest of 119 (up to 21) are all active, as are all at 110. If you are getting "0" on any other transponders, you are misaligned big time.

15. HTguy

HTguy Icon

May 6, 2002
    kazoo_guy you have misread or misinterpreted something. It sure sounds like you are misaligned or misconnected somehow.

Did you try resetting your rcvr (pulling card or AC plug)?

If that & a switch test don't get you back on call a competent local professional for a service call.

16. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    It sounds like kazoo_guy is in the far northeast and signal from EchoStar 7 just ain't makin' it there.
    It would be nice if he told us where in the USA he is.

In spite of what some may think Tp 1 is either on E*6 or E*4 as E*7 ain't capable of making 17 double powered conus transponders.

17. wrate

wrate Legend

May 7, 2002
    Somehow it all sounds like he is in Canada and not exactly close to the US border.

Transponder 1 is getting tranmitted via E4. E7 is not reaching the northern territories of Canada as E4/E6 used to.

Wrate

18. Kazoo_guy

Kazoo_guy Cool Member

May 7, 2002
    No I am not in Canada, I had just mentioned that problems started there at same time (a friend has family there) they did here, so it was NOT a local alignment problem. 1,000 miles south at least! I am registered user in Dade County, Florida (but physically located in a rural area out on Florida Keys).

So the last posting tells me that at least some of you have reason to believe that the E* 7 no longer has the same foot print and signals are just not getting to the same areas they used to.

Thanks for the info. Where does one find the Real Data on this?

Any technical site anyone aware of to see specs of the footprint of E* 7? Seems lots of subjective opinions, but it would be good to have some solid idea if this is real and not going to change. There will be no reason to continue paying for Disnetwork service that I, and at least 5 others I am aware of, are No longer receiveing.
    Thanks for the info to all.

19. Martyva

Apr 23, 2002
    Call dishnetwork! Call a professional installer! You have been receiving answers to your problem, but you're not listening. You're trying to kill a flea with an elephant gun!

20. J Rath

J Rath AllStar/Supporter

Apr 13, 2002
    It may help if you tell us what type of equipment you have, for instance do you have a Dish 300 or 500? If you have a Dish 500 are you receiving signals from the 110 bird and did you double check the skew setting. At this point I would troublesoot the problem as if you were the only on experiencing the problem because the other people having outages could be purely coincidental or completely unrelated to yours (although I do agree that it is interesting). From your earlier posts it "sounds" like you have a Dish 300 but we would need to know in order to provide better suggestions. Also what kind of receiver (and software version) do you have and have you considered the receiver may be going bad? May also help if you post exactly what readings you get on each transponder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.