1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Anyone Know Who to Complain to about the 721 Upgrade Problems

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by finniganps, Sep 21, 2008.

1. finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Does anyone know who (FCC?) to file a complaint with on this upgrade from a 721 to a HD DVR problem (below)?

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=139232&page=5

I have sent an e-mail to ceo at echostar dot com, but I am not hopeful.....and they say I must now fulfill my 24 month commitment by getting this new DVR.

2. jclewter79

jclewter79 Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2008
    So, are they telling you that you must finish they current 24 month contract that you already have or, are they telling you that you must upgrade and sign a new contract?

3. finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    This was a NEW commitment as part of getting the 722. I told them I wouldn't have agreed to that without the conditions they told me. Hopefully I'll get some assistance from the e-mail to ceo.

4. DishSatUser

DishSatUser AllStar

Aug 28, 2006
    Hopefully you do.. Other than complaints to the BBB and FCC, you'll not get much relief if the CEO email doesn't resolve this for you.

Then these complaints are only effective if new potential customers check them first before doing business with E*. Seriously, when is the last time you called the BBB first before doing business with someone? It's the same for many others as well.

5. finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Good news. I received a call from CEO office and they agreed waive the fee because the original CSR didn't tell me the correct information. I think the only way to avoid this for people who haven't converted is to NOT get a HD DVR.