1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Anyone seeing issues with the History Channel?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by TDK1044, Jun 25, 2013.

1. TDK1044

TDK1044 Godfather

Apr 8, 2010
    Recently, I have seen the picture break up and freeze on several recordings made from the History Channel. The shows were American Pickers and Ice Road Truckers. This only happens on this one channel. My signal strengths are very good. Anyone else seen this?

2. bflora

bflora Legend

Nov 5, 2007
    I had the same experience with Pickers from last Monday (6/17). I also had the same problem with ESPN and ESPN2 on Sunday morning.

3. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    I don't remember what channel I was watching but I experienced a strange phenomena the other day. I was watching a commercial which was actually kind of funny, for a change, so I rewinded back to the commercial to view it again, and this time it broke up and had digital blocking, which it didn't do the first time. How can that be? Am I not watching a buffered recording of what was broadcast with no breakup just a few seconds previously? When I watched it again it played fine.

Technology...BLEAHHH!!!!

4. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    solar interference?

5. cecil240

cecil240 New Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Cookeville
    Ice Road Truckers was really bad here with pixelation in the last half of the program Sunday night.

Cecil240

6. Vinny*

Vinny* Legend

May 17, 2008
    Same here. Ice Road Truckers was bad.

7. Getteau

Getteau Icon

Dec 19, 2007
    Houston
    +3 on IRT here in Houston. I recorded it in two rooms and it was completely garbled from about the 40 minute mark to the 45 minute mark. I thought maybe we had a storm blow through and was trying to remember if we had rain that night.

8. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    I thought the same thing when mine went bad at the 40 minute mark as well.

9. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    I thought that happends in April

10. JeffBowser

JeffBowser blah blah blah

Dec 21, 2006
    Ditto on IRT recorded last Sunday. Figures. I like 2 or 3 programs in all of TV world, and they are on non-OTA channels, and are getting messed up :rolling:

11. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    I noticed MPEG breakup at approximately 7:40 PM Pacific Time when I was playing back the recording on my DVR. Fortunately, I was able to re-record it with the 11 PM showing.

12. markfp

markfp Legend

Mar 9, 2010
    I had the same thing with Ice Road Truckers last week. I recorded one of the later repeats and it was fine.

13. lgb0250

lgb0250 Legend

Jan 24, 2010
    I've seen the same problem lately on the Golf Channel.

14. tsbrady1

tsbrady1 Legend

Jan 6, 2006
    I also had problems recording Ferethy on the Golf Channel last week picture would freeze up every couple of minutes, also have had pixellation issues on various channels over the last week or so. I thought it could be my dish alignment but I was out of town in South Georgia at a hotel last week that had DTV and they were having issues with picture break up/freezing also. After looking at the first few posts here more than just a few people are noticing it.