1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Anyone Seeing The New HD Guide Yet?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by PrinceLH, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrinceLH

PrinceLH New Member

Feb 18, 2003
    Keep seeing mail coming via my Directv HD boxes, advertising a new HD GUI. Anyone have this yet? Went to their website and could not find anything about it.

2. DTV77

DTV77 New Member

Jan 20, 2007
    directv.com/newhd

3. mikecor81

mikecor81 New Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Got the message on the receiver but it hasn't switched over yet. Hoping soon, the DTV website suggests its still downloading if it hasn't shown up yet so we'll see.

4. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
  5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
  6. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    And in case the OP didn't bother to look at the January roll-out PDF, Watertown is scheduled for 1/12.

7. classicrokr

classicrokr Cool Member

Dec 16, 2011
    I had HR34 and R25 installed yesterday (new install). Had the old SD menus in the a.m. The R25 updated itself at 1 am this morning and woke up to HD guide. My HR34 is still old guide --- hopefully that will come tonight?? Seemed a little strange to break the download in a whole home view system....

First look -- it is a nice improvement!

8. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    There is no HDGUI for the HR34 yet. Dont hold your breath :)

9. classicrokr

classicrokr Cool Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Interesting -- Seems surprising on the surface anyway.

10. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    It's coming... but as Davenlr said, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm guessing 1Q 2011 personally...

~Alan

11. rhipps

rhipps Legend

Apr 7, 2008
    Virginia
    Does anybody know where I can find detailed instructions for forcing a download of the new HD guide?

Thanks in advance.

12. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
    Not sure that one can force a download.. Good things come to those who... Umm, I forget the rest.

13. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    You will only get it if its being sent your way, otherwise it will just reload the same version you have now...but to do it, go to setup menu, select RESET, RESTART, hit the - to confirm, wait for the lights to go off on the front panel. WHen they come back on, enter 0 2 4 6 8 on the remote. You should see "Searching for new software" before the second splash screen.

14. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    First you might want to check when it will be available to you:

RELEASE DATES

~Alan

15. rhipps

rhipps Legend

Apr 7, 2008
    Virginia
    The answer is 18 Jan and I will be out of town on an extended trip then.

16. Machael

Machael AllStar

Apr 20, 2008
    Mine is scheduled for 1/18/12 as well...I'm in the middle of trying to force an update, but it may be too late in the morning to get it....I'll update shortly.

I've been on firmware version 04D1 for several months, prior to this forced download... :)

17. Machael

Machael AllStar

Apr 20, 2008
    Didn't work....same old SLOW and sluggish GUI I've been stuck with for months. :nono2:

18. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Be patient. All good things come to thoe who wait. Look at it as having something nice to look forward to.

19. PrinceLH

PrinceLH New Member

Feb 18, 2003
    I guess the FOX Movie channel and Turner Classic Movies, as well as the Encore Movie Pack, must be fantastic, since the wait for the HD versions have been so long!!! :)

20. Avder

Avder Hall Of Fame

Feb 6, 2010
    I forced the download of the new HD GUI to my HR21-700 the other night. The Guide is infinitely more useable. Everything else is about the same speed. I'll see how it behaves once everything is all fully downloaded (images, etc, yadda yadda)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.