1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Anyone tried RVU on a Samsung 'world' TV?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by htroberts, Sep 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. htroberts

htroberts Cool Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Has anyone tried using a Samsung world (or multi-system) TV as an RVU client?

I'm considering a UA40F7500, which is listed as a 'smart' TV, but I'm new to the Samsung ecosystem, so not sure what, if any, the implications of that are.

Yes, I know I can get a C41, but why would I want the extra hardware?

Thanks,
    Heath

2. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Because it works and is less hassle. Same price and D* will probably give you the client.

If not, you probably spent more than $1000 for the Samsung. . . what's another $50?

If you don't get the client, order a RC71 remote. You'll need it.

(Mute / Select after two blinks, enter 54000)

3. texasbrit

texasbrit DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 9, 2006
    If it does not say it has RVU capability (and is not on the list at the rvualliance web site) then it won't work as an RVU client.

4. Stevies3

Stevies3 Legend

Jul 22, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    You have a link for approved Samsung sets?

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

5. texasbrit

texasbrit DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 9, 2006
    http://www.rvualliance.org/products