1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Anyone use the DirectTV player to watch on their pc?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by DonP., Aug 14, 2013.

1. DonP.

DonP. New Member

Aug 14, 2013
    San Antono TX
    My direct tv has been screwed up for so long it's crazy. Long long story. Feels like a Twilight Zone episode.

Anyway, I installed directtv player on my pc hoping to be able to watch some things. I can watch some decent shows, and it gives me episode options. But is there a way to watch live tv? When I click on guide it only gives me two options. "record and record series".

I can not for the life of me, find a way to watch LIVE TV on this player.

Anyone with any insight? Please!

Don P. Thanks ain advance.

2. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    I love twilight Zone. What's your story.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    I agree OP,the only live shows you can watch on your pc are the Foxnews and CNN,HNL streaming that are located on at the bottom of the page from the site.

Some people download the directv2pc app and record stuff off their dvr and try to stream it live that way.

But I would like to watch live Directv on my pc the same way the ipad,iphone people do,not some work around with the directv2pc app.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You can click on "networks" and watch live TV on the networks website (at least those that provides) CNN is one of them

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    DIrectv2PC doesnt do live.....the best you can do is record a show and "chase" the recording.

6. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Same with GenieGo.

7. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    "Once upon a time," there was to be an option for watching DIRECTV live on a PC. It was to be a device called the "HDPC-20" WMC tuner.

Regrettably, DIRECTV killed it back in '08 for reasons that are still unclear today, much to the disdain of many at the time as a forum history search on the issue will quickly attest to.