1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone watching "Resort & Residence-Channel 354"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by roj, Feb 18, 2010.

1. roj

roj New Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Been watching a ton of this channel.
    Wish they would add more programs.
    I travel a lot. the channel gives me ideas or helps me plan out my next 'get-aways'
    so far i like the the programming.

2. radiomandc

radiomandc Legend

Jul 22, 2009
    :nono:no

3. jilardi2

jilardi2 Legend

Mar 6, 2008
    nope, never heard of it til now

4. steve053

steve053 Godfather

May 11, 2007
    First I really heard of the channel was a few days ago in another thread. Haven't wathched it yet, but i do have Throttle Junkies set to record.

5. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    It would help if they would give more info about what is being shown, including totles in the Guide. Because of this drawback, I never tune in after my initial viewing. But I'm glad that others find it useful.

6. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Icon

Dec 28, 2005
    Posted by a new member and this is his second post. A shill for the infomercial channel? Nah! I'm just too paranoid.

7. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    If its not HD, its dead to me.

8. Rob

Rob Icon

Apr 22, 2002
    Nope, but you might want to check out the Travel Channel for some good ideas.

9. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Both of his posts are about this channel, his other post brought back the original Resort and Residence TV coming to Directv thread from back in October.

10. Avder

Avder Hall Of Fame

Feb 6, 2010
    No, and from glancing through the thread you bumped yesterday, I think I'm going to remove it from my guide since it sounds like its an infomercial channel for rich people.

11. alnielsen

alnielsen Godfather

Dec 31, 2006
    ...- .....
    Maybe we could petition D to add it as HD. :lol:

12. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    Too bad Comcast doesn't own this one... :)

13. ffemtreed

ffemtreed Icon

Jan 30, 2008
    i havn't looked at it recently, but when it came out I looked at it and it never had any guide data, so I didn't watch it at all.

14. phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007
    Holy moly. It's hard to watch the channel. The reception seems horrible. Even for SD.

15. roj

roj New Member

Feb 18, 2010
    geesh. i joined this site cause i needed direction and already i'm getting crusified. :lol:

that's cool. that's why i joined in the first place. need to get honest, un-biased thougths/feedbacks/perspectives.

yeah, i'm adicted to satelite tv.

no. i got nothin to do with the R&R channel. (if i did, then maybe i wouldn't be so overwieght wasting my whole day in front of the tube. LOL!)

yeah, it seems like an infomercial channel. but isn't every channel now days?

yeah, R&R needs to advertise discriptions. so do a whole lot of other channels on directv! urhg. (that's kinda why i put this post up in the first place.)

16. Avder

Avder Hall Of Fame

Feb 6, 2010
    No. Or only late at night. I made it a point to remove all the infomercial channels from the guide. I'd ask for D* to just stop carrying them, but theyre really doing us all a service by paying D* to carry them and keeping the rate hikes the size they are. Besides, no one is making us watch them.

17. gfrang

gfrang Hall Of Fame

Aug 29, 2007
    It's not bad,when i switched to select package i lost Travel Channel. R&R isn't as good but i sleep better without all the ghost stories.