1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Anyplace to legally download older PC games for free?

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by Indiana627, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    I used to be into PC games, but have not played in a long time since I don't have nearly as much free time as I used to now that I have kids. Still I wouldn't mind playing a little when I have time, but not sure if I want to spend money on the newer games that I might not get to play very often.

Is there any site where I can legally download full versions of some older (like 3-4 year old) games for free? I like first person shooters, particularly the ones set in WWII like MOH or COD. Thanks.

2. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Free? No. However, both Steam and Good Old Games have older titles at very good prices. Don't forget to check out the bundle packs.

3. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Thanks for the links.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I think if you do a search on the internet for "abandonware" you may find some interesting topics. I don't think they will lead you to the free software you seek, but it may encourage you to learn more about copyright laws and help you decide if they should apply the way they do.

5. ghontz1

ghontz1 AllStar

Mar 25, 2010
    there are some games that steam has that are free to download and a lot their games are pretty cheap.