1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anything improve on Phillies on Comcast vs Directv ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by rorkin, Mar 5, 2009.

1. rorkin

rorkin AllStar

Dec 9, 2006
    For years Comcast has refused to let the Phillies games be broadcast as part of the MLB package. Last year there seemed to be some easing of that restriction..Anyone know if there will be any improvement this year ?

2. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    That began last year because the cable companies along with D* and MLB own the MLB Network and the EI package. That is why we saw CSN Philly HD games, SD 4 HD games and Canadian HD feeds for the first time.

3. Keyser

Keyser Mentor

Apr 13, 2007
    It would be nice to see the WPIX Mets games on Sundays this year on D* EI. Please :sure:

4. golfnut-n-nh

golfnut-n-nh Legend

Mar 26, 2007
    Amen Brother!!

5. rkunces

rkunces Legend

Jun 17, 2007
    Yeah I would like to see the TSN and CBC feeds of Jays games be on MLB EI. Otherwise, good old MLB.TV will do just fine. Plus they supposedly improved the stream rate so I can put it on my tv without much of a problem in pq.

6. EricRobins

EricRobins Godfather

Feb 9, 2005
    Will it be close to HD?

7. blackhawkzone

blackhawkzone Godfather

Nov 29, 2007
    cbc isnt doing any baseball games this year. the 20 or so jays games that they did in the past went back to sportsnet

8. rorkin

rorkin AllStar

Dec 9, 2006
    Boy .. talk about a hijacked thread !!

9. rkunces

rkunces Legend

Jun 17, 2007
    If you've got a fast enough connection the feed should look near tv quality.