1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Apple-like Android

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by dpeters11, Oct 5, 2012.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    At first I thought the Droid 4 I saw and mentioned in another thread was just an oddity. Now it seems the LG Nexus phone that comes out at the end of the month will double down. No removable battery, no micro SD slot and 8 to 16gb internal storage. Those have always been two major things that Android proponents give as a benefit compared to iPhone. Or is it seen as not a big deal anymore?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57...o-unveil-nexus-phone-at-the-end-of-the-month/

2. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    No nexus device has ever had external memory. But the non-removable battery is a downgrade imho

3. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    My Nexus1 has external memory.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I thought I would find the lack of removable battery a bummer. But truthfully, the last time I replaced a phone battery it looked like this:

[​IMG]

Every phone after that has had plenty of battery life left when I was ready to upgrade. And, it's not impossible to change the battery in an iPhone, in fact it's not tough at all if you have the tools, available at ifixit.com

5. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    My Galaxy Nexus is a 32GB internal.

6. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    yes sorry, but of course that only came with 512MB onboard.

7. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears DBSTalk Club

Mar 18, 2008

The Droid 4 has a micro SD card. There are however other phones that have come out that don't have external memory options. On the whole though they're usually the Google versions or on the lower end of the Android phones.

8. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Yes, but one of the main arguments on apple vs android always seems to be removable battery. The droid 4 doesn't. It was actually the first phone with a removable back that I had to look up on how to take it off.

9. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    I have the Sprint Evo LTE with no removeable battery but I know I could get it out if I needed too. I too don't think it's much of a factor anymore. Sure I want the option to have external MicroSD and removable battery but with my Evo LTE I don't think I will need to switch it anytime soon but know I can if I have too.

So personally it isn't a big deal about the battery and with so many cloud services out their I have well over 32 gigs on-line somewhere. So ya, the sign of the times I guess.