1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple TV + HDPC-20 = Dream Come True

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by TimeShifter, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimeShifter

TimeShifter AllStar

Dec 27, 2005
    Apple TV DVR interface revealed in patent filings

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/03/13/apple_tv_dvr_interface_revealed_in_patent_filings.html

Ok, I'll admit up front I'm an Apple fan, and love my Apple TV, for a lot of the same reasons I loved my TiVo.

Not that every patent filing becomes an actual product. But, ever since I bought my Apple TV back when they initially came out, DVR capability seemed like a logical path for the product.

Then, today I started thinking about what an interesting combination Apple TV and the HDPC-20 could be. With Apple TV being a more of a closed/secure system (yes, I'm very aware that Apple TV can be hacked) compared to a PC, it seems like there would be fewer DRM worries for Directv.

Yes, I realize Apple TV would need some improvement in supported resolutions, and storage. But, for me, this combination would be a dream come true. Awesome UI/usability (in my opinion) combined with Directv content.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.