1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple's magic trackpad

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Chris Blount, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    So does anyone have one of these:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC380?mco=OTY2ODE5Mg

I was in Best Buy over the weekend and picked one up. It's just a big oversized version of the trackpad on the Macbooks but after using it on my iMac, it grew on me very fast. It really is much better than I thought it was going to be.

I guess its just another one those things that you don't appreciate until you use it for a few days.

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Interesting. I'm not a huge trackpad fan, but I may just try one out.

3. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Honestly, I didn't think I was going to like it when I tried it out in the store. When I got it home and started applying the finger gestures to my every day tasks, I was able to do things much quicker.

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I need to drop by an Apple store and see if they have them out to try. I saw them in Best Buy but there weren't any out where you could play with them.

5. Phil T

Phil T Active Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    I have been looking for them for a few days. Both my local Apple and Best Buy did not have them.

6. mutelight

mutelight Godfather

Oct 6, 2008
    I have the smaller version on my laptop and absolutely love it, specifically for Expose, scrolling, zooming, and rotating. If my BD player didn't handle almost every format I throw at it, I would consider getting one to control a HTPC.