1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Apps unavailable and weather radar gone

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by itzme, Jul 26, 2012.

1. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    Directv seems to be training me not to go to the apps. Lately 3 of 4 attempts lead to long waits that lead to Service Unavailible. Ive tried reboots, but that doesnt help. Today I heard thunder and tried to bring up the weather radar, my favorite app, and it's no longer there or in the App Store. Why was the most useful app removed? Earl, my friend, what gives?

2. hasan

hasan New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    The author has removed the apps. D* is doing something with the Apps that no one really knows (or can say).

It appeared to me (but I could have misread things) that the author was none too happy with what D* has been doing or has done with the Apps and he just called it quits.

Who knows what's to come, but the author seemed piqued enough not to return even if the Apps section is somehow upgraded.

In other words, don't hold your breath.:)

3. ub1934

ub1934 Icon

Dec 30, 2005
    UpState NY
    What a shame , they were the best apps on the site .

4. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    I hope another app developer can maybe offer us another radar app. Who was that, Huskie? Is he still around?

I also hope Directv can make apps more reliable.

5. Old_School

Old_School Legend

Nov 28, 2011
    PA

We had a radar app?:confused:

6. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    Mods- feel free to remove or merge this thread. I just found this one on the same topic.