1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are all the Channels playing faster music???????!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by Dolly, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    After reading the thread about the 70's on 7 and listening to the channel I went to other channels and noticed the same thing. I listened to the 70's on 7 again, 20 on 20, and The Pulse and the music all sounded faster. I was doing my listening today on Directv. The radio in my car is XM, but I was last driving and listening to the radio on Saturday night. The music I was listening to on The Pulse and 20 on 20
    sounded fine Saturday night. I also listened to the Elvis Channel and The Underground Garage that night, but Directv doesn't have these channels so I couldn't compare them. What is going on here?

EDIT: I just went out to listen to my car radio and on all the channels I have pre-set the music was faster on all of them :eek2: They didn't sound at all like they did Saturday night :girlscrea

2. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    So, what you are saying is that the Underground Garage doesn't really play punk music, just sped up ballads??? ;)

3. koji68

koji68 Icon

Jun 21, 2004
    What was your speed? Everybody knows that the speed of the music is directly proportional to the speed of your car.

4. DJConan

DJConan Legend

Sep 14, 2006
    Maybe they're playing their records on the 78 RPM setting? Heh, I'm not THAT old, but my parents had some of those around the house when I was a kid. lol

I do know there are various delays in the broadcast of DirecTV depending on the box processing the signal. I had music playing upstairs and downstairs via DirecTV and had two different boxes. When I'd reach the steps, it sounded like I was in a night club with the slight echo. Not what you're talking about though.

5. Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Seriously or "Siriusly" it sounded like the singer or singers were singing a whole song without taking a breathe at all :eek2: There were no pauses at all in any of the songs. And I don't know of any singers that can actually do that :confused:

6. rudeney

rudeney Hall Of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Kenny G? :lol:

But "Siriusly"...Don't they use some sort of weird two-tiered broadcast on each channel where one is ahead of the other so that when you have a brief signal drop that it can "keep up" and "catch up"? Maybe something;s gone haywire with this?

Oh, and I've been listening to Holly mostly this week so I haven't noticed this problem at all.

7. Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Well if Kenny G could sing like he plays the Sax may be he could do a whole song without taking a breathe :lol: I haven't done any listening to Holly this week so I'm glad it is OK. I don't want to even think about faster than normal Christmas music :rolleyes:

8. Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Well everything sounds fine to me now--both on Directv and in my car radio :)