1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Are distant nets still available from All American Direct?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by cj9788, Jul 30, 2013.

1. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    I am moving soon to Waycross Georgia, the OTA situation there is nonexistent. I remember a long while back that a third party vendor was offering the big 4 networks from Atlanta and San Francisco for dish subs. Are the still around and do they offer HD? Any info on this would be appreciated as I hate the Jacksonville local channels and would love to have a west coast feed. I had to give them up when I moved to South Florida.....

2. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
  3. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    Thanks I will check it out before the move.......

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    So this is what they mean by "in the middle of nowhere".

119W is a long reach across a lot of crappy weather just to get SD.

dishuser.net DMA information suggests that Jax is an MPEG4 Eastern Arc market (although the SD comes from 110W and 119W).

You may need to haggle to get a WA setup that is necessary to get AAD.

5. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Why do you need OTA? Doesn't Dish offer locals for all DMA's now?

6. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    Not really interested the JAX locals so a 119 110 129 set up wont really affect me from what I can tell. They only have SD distants and thats hood enough for me. The price is a bit steep but thats ok too.

7. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    What's wrong with JAX locals? The big-4 nets have all the same programs (except for some sports). I take it you are an Atlanta sports fan?

8. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Just be aware DISH may not be willing to install an ARC that does not have your locals, if you can get the ARC that does. If you find that to happen, they will install a wing dish however to get 119 for AAD which is what I suggest you do in any event. You won't save a penny not getting your locals because DISH charges for locals as part of the package.

9. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    I have hated the JAX locals ever since I first became an E* sub and none of the big four would give me waivers for distant nets as they said All I needed to do was put in a better antenna. So i took advantage of all the "loop holes" available at the time and in the 10 years I lived up there I never once watched any of the JAX locals. Also ABC and NBC are owned by the same company as is FOX and CBS so that basically left only two local newscasts. I hold grudges for a very long time.

I will be doing the install my self so once I am set up I will just let them have my new address. Unless I am mistaken the only channels I will be missing staying on western arc are the JAX LiL's. the only HD I watch is whats available with the AEP. I will take NY And SF SD over the JAX HD locals regardless of the extra cost and the fact that LiL is already factored into the AEP price.