1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Are my signal strength readings ok?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by joshferg, Jul 22, 2010.

1. joshferg

joshferg Cool Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Today I decided to check my signal stength and noticed that on Satellite 101^ transponder 26 is in the mid 40's and transponder 18 is in the low 70's. Is this a cause for concern? All of my other readings appear to be ok with the majority of them being in the 90's and 100. These values are similar for both tuners.

Edit: Found some more lower values (0's, 40's and 50's) on Satallite 99^(s) and 103^(s) also.

My system was installed a week ago and the only issue I have noticed was some pixilation on HGTV a couple of times.

Thanks!

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    "S" on 99 and 103 means SPOT beam, so you will only get strong readings on the two or three transponders actually pointed to you.

If the "C" Conus transponders on 99 and 103's are above 85, you are ok.
    On 101, there are some spot beams as well. As long as the overall strength is in the high 90s, you are ok.

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    The spot beam TPs on 101 are 4, 12, 18, 20, 26, and 28.