1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you HD ready? Forced recording, no delete option

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mcl, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcl

mcl Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    GAH!

I turn on the HR20 tonight, and see "Are you High Definition Ready?" recorded in my list.

WTF? I didn't record that.

it's got an exclamation point in a triangle to the left of it.

It CANNOT be deleted.

If I try to play it, it says it's 4 minutes long, but I get about 5 seconds of a black screen with "searching for authorized content", then it goes back to the list.

It claims to have been recorded today at 5:02am, on channel 1010.

double-minus doesn't work. There is no delete option.

It says "Expires 8/22".

So D* can force my HR20 to record something against my will, and make it so that it's undeleteable? Lovely.

2. aandjw

aandjw Mentor

Nov 29, 2005
    machine downloaded new version overnight and same "!" recording that doesn't work - what is it?

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
  4. Coffey77

Coffey77 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Nov 12, 2006
    As I mentioned in another thread, I wonder if this is part of the Reserved section of the HDD that DIRECTV has available. I agree, I'd like to be able to delete this.

This appears to be somewhat of a new feature for the HR20, probably why these past few CEs have been a bit larger and carried a tad more risk. It's going to need some constructive criticism and some opinions on how it could be handled. :)

5. mcl

mcl Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    Hey, I would have, if I'd known this sort of thing was in general discussion. I posted it to the HR20 Q&A forum. Not my fault it got moved.

I thought it was HR20 related, since mine just got a new firmware revision as part of a staggered release today as well.

6. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    No problem. However, in the other thread, mocciat discovered...

you CAN delete it, by using Mark and Delete.

7. SDizzle

SDizzle Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2007
    Roseville, CA
    Anyone notice that in this little message they say you need an H20, H21, HR20 or HR21???? An HR21??? I haven't heard of the HR21.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.