1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you watching this?! Android app not seeing reciever

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by IseWise, Jan 5, 2012.

1. IseWise

IseWise Cool Member

Jun 26, 2008
    I have this android app called Are You Watching This?! that should allow one to change channels via my phone to different sports games. However I cannot connect to my HR22-100. Ive gone through all the steps and tried over and over again and nothing seems to work. Anybody else have this app up and running correctly? Or do you know of another way of switches channels on my receiver via my phone? I have the HDGUI which I though might be an issue. My phone is a Galaxy Nexus, no customs ROMs.

2. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    I am wondering if this is like the other Directv apps that use the home network to change the channel on your D* box or it's just some gimick.

First and foremost do you have your receiver(s) networked?
    If so are you connected to that network over Wi-Fi with your phone?

I don't have this app but I have a Directv (not affiliated)app that changes the channels from my phone. You have to have your boxes networked and in Whole Home set-up (settings) have it set to external devices "allow"

3. IseWise

IseWise Cool Member

Jun 26, 2008
    I have checked and double checked all those settings. I have even reset the network connection in order to get a new IP for the DVR. Still nothing.

In the apps help menu it mentions typing in the IP of the DVR into the android browser and see if "status" shows up. I have tried that and it doesn't work on my phone but it did however work on my desktop computer.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    If your dvr and desktop computer are hardwired, but your phone is wireless, it may be a setting in your router about isolating the wireless and wired devices...

5. IseWise

IseWise Cool Member

Jun 26, 2008
    I think that was it. I checked my router settings and unchecked WLAN Partition. According to the manual "WLAN Partition prevents associated wireless clients from communicating with each other."

6. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    So does that mean its working now?

7. IseWise

IseWise Cool Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Well unfortunately I cant test that out right now because of some remodeling, however unchecking that WLAN partition setting fixed a problem I was having between my laptop and my wireless printer, so I imagine it is working. Once the remodel is complete I'll post my results.

8. IseWise

IseWise Cool Member

Jun 26, 2008
    That indeed was the problem with controlling my DVR. Thanks to webby_s