1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Arrested Development Series Comes to Netflix

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by Nick, May 13, 2013.

1. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    [​IMG]

Netflix has acquired rights to the cancelled, but very popular tv comedy series, "Arrested Development". The first three seasons are available for streaming now, with season 4 becoming available May 26. The series enjoyed an overall rating of 3.9 stars, the average of 5,300,195 viewer ratings.

Link: http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Arrested_Development/70140358?trkid=7711922

2. Rob

Rob Icon

Apr 22, 2002
    It was on Netflix before. I didn't know it went away.

3. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
  4. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Based on the trailer, looks like it hasn't missed a beat! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vzVhPCMAxWQ

5. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Arrested Development season four is ready for viewing on Netflix........

"Arrested Development is finally back. After Fox cancelled the show in 2006 its popularity has unexpectedly grown, and now a new season commissioned by Netflix for its streaming service is ready for viewing. As is it's custom, the service is making all of the episodes available for viewing at once, so fans (in all areas where Netflix is available) can start the Bluth Party binge immediately."

Full Story Here

[​IMG]

6. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    IFC has been showing Arrested Development marathons for like the past three weekends, and sometimes during the week. I loved this show when it was on. It's one of those shows where you have to get it. If you don't get it, it's not very funny, but if you "get it" it's hysterical.

IFC has been running cast interviews where they recall their favorite "moments" from the original show. My favorite is the time Barry Zuckercorn (Henry Winkler) is in the men's room at the courthouse talking to Michael Bluth. After Michael leaves, Barry takes out his comb to comb his hair, looks in the mirror, and does his old Fonzie routine where his hair is perfect so he doesn't need to mess with it. Classic self-parody.

7. Rob Dawn

Rob Dawn AllStar

Jan 11, 2006
    Colorado
    Does anyone know how long the episodes will be available on NetFlix? The wife wants to watch the previous seasons on DVD before watching the new season. But I don't want to miss the new season!!!

Thanks!!

8. Chuck W

Chuck W Icon

Mar 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Since Netflix paid for them to be made, I'd say, as long as Netflix is around.