1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASK ANYONE: When will the next batch of 921 be released?

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by ayalbaram, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ayalbaram

ayalbaram Legend

Aug 4, 2003
    No one at echosphere seems to know so I figured I'd turn here to ask my question. Demand is extremely high for the product and we have several back orders could desperatly use some verified info as to when and how many are comming.

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    My guess is as soon as the next software version is released, many more are coming.

3. Mark_AR

Mark_AR Cool Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Every time I consult my Magic 8-ball it sez: Ask Again Later

Must be the same method E* & E-spere CSR's use.

'It is decidedly so' ;)

4. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    That is exactly what one of my sources said. They want to get the OTA channels bug fixed before they release them. And "ayalbaram" is correct, the demand for the 921 is extremely high.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Mark, you as real beta tester should have the latest L1.44 ! It's spoooooling now.

6. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Yes, I know, and can't yet comment on it.

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Then ppl will start bother you now ;) !

8. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    I know... but that's OK. :)

9. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    So how do we get these guys to release 921's to the hundreds (thousands, millions?) of us that will never see HDTV OTA? You know, the people that gave satellite TV it's life in the first place - the old BUD's? :lol:

Who can we call to say: "here's my money - you know, the reason you exist" :hurah: ?

I'm waiting for the 921 not so much for the HDTV (which I DO want) but as for a 2-tuner 250GB box. After all, Dish doesn't seem to have much HDTV content (aside: is that changing anytime soon?).

SimpleSimon

P.S. to Mark: I'm a cat person, too ;)

10. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    You and Nastasia Kinsky (sp?). :eek2:

11. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    :lol: Richard!

I talked to Mark at Dish Depot this afternoon. He told me that after talking to Jim DeFranco about his distributor problem that he's now expecting a good sized shipment in early next week.

12. TheDarkFalcon

TheDarkFalcon Mentor

Dec 26, 2003
    This is awesome news! I cannot afford the 921 yet... but I am saving my pennies.

hehe

13. DVDDAD

DVDDAD Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 21, 2002
    99,900 pennies to be exact. If you saved your nickels, dimes, quarters and dollars, you might be able to get it before it becomes obsolite!

14. CampbellRG

CampbellRG New Member

Jan 2, 2004
    Well I heard from my Dealer today that No.Cal distributer got 7 units. WOW. :eek2: Of course he didn't get one. If I miss the Super Bowl thats it. I'm going to be a real baby and wait to see what Tivo has. (I know, more for the rest of the waiting list) I want a new toy now! :hurah: I want to be a new dish subscriber but it's starting to look doubtful :nono:

15. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    So, when we will hear form you first comments about the L1.44 version ?

16. srrobinson2

srrobinson2 Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 16, 2003
    Apparently as units come out, the quality control people stop them from being distributed due to the software bugs. Here's an idea: HIRE SOME DECENT PROGRAMMERS CHARLIE!!!!!! THIS SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.