1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

ASK DBSTalk: 921 Recording Limitaions

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by scottcorinna, Jan 19, 2004.

1. scottcorinna

scottcorinna New Member

Jul 16, 2003
    Is the recording/viewing limits a result of buffer size, hard drive size, software limitations?

I would really like the ability to record an OTA plus a sat feed and view a third live sat feed. (Not a recorded show.)

(Truthfully I'd like to record 2 OTA feeds since most of my HD viewing is Network shows.)

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Hardware limitation - you record 2 HD streams, and view one pre-recorded stream. There's only one OTA HD tuner, so you can only record/watch one OTA HD program.