1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASK DBSTalk: Gurus - how would you design my system?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Horn1993, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horn1993

Horn1993 New Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Hello - long time lurker, first time poster. I hope this is in the right forum, if not please feel free to move it.

I have been on dish network for 4 years and it's time to shake things up. I want to decrease monthly costs and increase monthly enjoyment (more HD, less PVR issues, etc.)

Current setup -
    • Den - 36 inch Panasonic CRT - HDTV 1080i READY (4:3) - Dish 508 - 80% of TV watching done here
    • Game Room - 61 inch Samsung projection LCD - HDTV ready (obviously 16:9) - Dish 811 - 20% of TV watching done here (mainly College ball, NBA playoffs etc - b/c we put it right next to the baby's room - dumb choice)
    • Dish Programming - AT120 + old HD pack + OTA HD (poor reception)

Future Setup - PLEASE GIVE YOUR OPINIONS!
    • Den - replace 508 with vip622
    • Game Room - replace 811 with vip 211
    • Dish programming - HD Silver package

My objective - get more HD channels, reduce monthly cost approx. $20 mo (during 12 mos. promotion), don't spend a lot out of pocket for new equipment.
    Questions - I know 622 allows output to mutiple TVs, but
    1. Does it allow you to watch DVR recorded HD programs on other TVs?
    2. Does it allow you to watch DVR recorded SD programs on other TVs?
    3. Does the modulator output allow you to "broadcast" output to other SD TVs or do they have to be wired with COAX or other?

Thanks in advance for all the help. I'm just totally overwhelmed by the options.... I'm a "just turn it on and watch it" type.

:)

2. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. The output of TV2 has to be hard wired to any other televisions. They will show up on the wired tv's on the channel selected by the modulator.

Enjpy your new set up.

3. DishTSR3Mentor

DishTSR3Mentor Legend

Nov 3, 2006
    1. yes but tv2 is SD not HD even if the tv it is connected to is HD.
    2. Yes, full functionality
    3. Hard Wire TV's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.