1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask Dbstalk:possible Bug, View While Recording

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Eagles, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Eagles

Eagles Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 31, 2003
    I will be watching a live show while recording another. On occasion during a commercial I will desire to go to the show which is in the process of being recorded, and take advantage of the option to start the show being recorded from the beginning. I find that once I do that, there is no way to get out of viewing that show other than pushing the stop button on the remote. When you do that the recording stops. As a side note, if I do the same thing but select to "view live" instead of "start from the beginning" I have no problem getting out of viewing that show and allowing the recording to continue. Is this a bug? Shouldn't there be a way to stop watching a recorded program from the beginning while still in the recording mode, without ending the recording? !pride

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    I'll try to take a look at this tonight.

3. John Quaglino

John Quaglino AllStar

Aug 5, 2003
    Eagles:

I beleive this is a bug. A simple work around is to hit the previous channel button. This will return you to the live program you were watching. When you are ready to view the recorded program again, press the DVR button, select the recording, and select resume. This will pick you up where you left off.

4. guruka

guruka Troublemaker/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 27, 2003
    Yep. Just hit fast forward till the screen says 'Live' and you are free to navigate again. I do this all the time instead of hitting the Stop button which, of course, kills the recording in progress. :mad:

.....G

5. pdlittle

pdlittle AllStar

Jan 25, 2004
    I have seen this too. It really gets messy if you are on an OTA broadcast and the DVR functions won't allow you to do anything once your viewing the channel being recorded.pdlittle

6. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Yup, this is still a bug. I'll get it reported.

In the meantime, another easy workaround is when you are watching the show that is being recorded that you can't get out of, press Channel Up or Channel Down twice. That will switch tuners, and then you'll be able to tune back to your first channel.

7. tahoerob

tahoerob Godfather

Mar 22, 2003
    It is s big problem when doing an OTA record.
    I had an OTA timer fire correctly. During that time I was watching a DVR event (happens to also be same channel). WHen I finished watching DVR event before it fully stopped on its own, I pressed "stop".
    Well the TIMER stopped!! I then switched to it & press manual record. HOWEVER, I could no longer use any DVR event to view. It kept displaying the must be in live mode pop up!?!?!? I could not switch to any sat channel or DVR event w\o stopping the recording. :mad: :mad: :nono2: :nono2: