1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASK DBSTalk: Question for Atlanta area 921 owners

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Rodney, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Rodney

Rodney Legend

Aug 22, 2003
    I was advised by tech support that L186 would resolve the issue of not being able to record WSB, Digital Channel 39. L186 did not resolve this problem for me so I am soliciting input from other Atlanta area 921 owners.

Did L186 resolve the issue of not being able to record WSB, Digital Channel 39, for you?

2. Tom

Tom New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Unfortunately, L186 did not resolve the issue of not being able to record WSB, our local ABC affiliate.

Activated my 921 on July 8th. L185 downloaded without problem during initial startup. Everything seemed to work fine with exception that I was not able to record WSB or use any of the other DVR features (pause, skip back, skip forward, etc.) with the live WSB feed. DVR features worked fine on all other OTA digital locals as well as with the SAT channels.

Updated yesterday to L186 without incident. However, no change in ability to record WSB's OTA digital signal.

3. DonLandis

DonLandis Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    More info-

Got some interesting data on the Lack of DVR functions on certain stations. I finally got the HDTIVO to see the WJWB channel and once it locked onto it, the HDTIVO's DVR works fine with WJWB. 921 has no DVR functions on the same channel. Does this indicate that it's a 921 issue again?

Scout out HDTIVO owners in Atlanta and see if their HDTIVO will record your WSB station.

4. Tom

Tom New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Tried the DVR features with WSB this evening and everything appears to be working for the first time. Pause, skip back, skip forward, record, etc. I will try a timer in the next day or so to see if that is working as well. I have no idea what changed...perhaps some change in WSB's OTA signal.

5. sgt940

sgt940 Legend

Jan 9, 2004
    Suppose the Tivo started working the same day as the 921?

6. Rodney

Rodney Legend

Aug 22, 2003
    This is great. All DVR functions, including timers, work perfectly on WSB. This was not the case when L186 was initially downloaded. I would have to agree with Tom that there must have been a change at WSB.

7. boylehome

boylehome Hall Of Fame/Supporter

Jul 16, 2004
    I have to ask, What is an HDTIVO? Is it a separate unit than the 921DVR? Is it a TIVO that you hook up to the 921DVR?