1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

ASKDBS Talk: PVR Recording

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by anderdea, Jan 22, 2004.

1. anderdea

anderdea Legend

Jan 13, 2004
    I haven't played to much with the PVR feature and am a newbie when it comes to hard disc recording. I have recorded a few programs on timed record and am happy to say with no problems so far, a refreshing change to the daily reboot. :nono2:

My question: I recorded the "The Reagans" from Showtime the other night (3 hours +) and have been watching it a little at a time. When I go to continue watching and select resume it picks up perfectly where I left off. Is the resume function or some similar name meaning the same thing the way PVR's work? Is there a way to key in and go to a specific location in the recorded program on the 921?
    Don

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    There's no way to bookmark a specific location, Don. The resume function will pick up where you stopped the last time.

3. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    I don't want to sound insulting or anything, so only because you say you're a newbie, do I mention the high-speed forward and back features that allow you to go to any desired point in the program rather quickly.

Not exactly what you want, but gets the job done.