1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

ASKDBSTALK: Use 721 Remote w/921?

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by rblim, Jan 13, 2004.

1. rblim

rblim New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    I have a 2nd remote for my 721. Can I use it as a 2nd remote with my 921? I tried it but doesn't seem to respond. I initially tried addressing the 721 remote to all 16 settings, but no luck. Any ideas? Can I purchase a 2nd remote for the 921 yet? Thanks in advance for your comments and assistance. The 921 ROCKS!!

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Your 721 will absolutely work with the 921 if you are using IR. If you're using UHF only, it won't. Just make sure that the remote address is the same for the 921 and the 721 remote.